Sasse Flees Protesters At University Of Florida

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo.

Nearly a thousand University of Florida students and faculty protested when Sen. Ben Sasse (R-NE), the sole finalist to serve as the university’s next president, visited the campus on Monday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1435268

Sasse was quick to make himself scarce in the face of the protests after holding a Q&A

Wow. Then again, some of the protesters were voters.

27 Likes

During the Q&A at the school on Monday, the GOP senator said that Obergefell “is the law of the law” and that he wants everyone at UF to “feel included.”

Until SCOTUS reverses it. Along with Griswold. And Lawrence. And what the hell, might as well take a stab at Loving.

44 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Introducing GabPay: The PayPal Alternative | Andrew Torba :latin_cross:

3 Likes

re: Bobb and Corcoran:

under_bus

37 Likes

Really worth watching!!!

Watch all the highlights from tonight's debate here: https://t.co/IJAoWFadr3

— MeidasTouch (@MeidasTouch) October 11, 2022

Tim Ryan slams JD Vance for being part of an extremist movement

48 Likes

I’m seeing a new campus intramural event: The Ben Sasse Flee the Protestors 5K. It’s his way of encouraging students and faculty to adopt healthy habits!

39 Likes

Not good
Rail union rejects Biden-brokered labor deal, raising strike prospect (axios.com)

21 Likes

Turnabout is fair play: Corcoran tried to set it up so Bobb would be the one under the wheels.
Can’t say I have a lot of sympathy now that she tripped him up and left him lying in the street.
And, I gotta wonder when all these folks are gonna get a grip on the fact that that’s where most people end their employment with Donnie.

46 Likes

Agree 100%, and look forward to Corcoran’s indictment and flip.

16 Likes

“Big time, sayeth the Lord” :smile:

40 Likes

Does it run concurrently with, before or after the Josh Hawley 1000 m Dash?
Apparently, being a profile in courage is NOT a requirement of standing for a reactionary Senate seat.

39 Likes

Looking at the situation in the Ukraine, it seems increasingly clear that the only way that this illegal invasion ends is if Mr. Putin is foolish enough to linger near an upper story window in the Kremlin. There is no possible negotiated end…

30 Likes

“Just chill while I get my ducks in order.”

19 Likes

God is a hep cat these days.

24 Likes

Just here to see how everybody’s doing after yesterday’s Great Toxin Activation. My WiFi reception is no better, so I’m feeling quite cheated at this point.

As @21zna9 so kindly pointed out yesterday:

67 Likes
19 Likes

Yeah, 4 free shots and all for nothing. /spits

28 Likes

Miss Kitty and I are going for our 5th in a week, getting whatever the new high octane version is I guess.

21 Likes

And I was dumb enough to get the vaccine and all the boosters.
Jeez, I must be a zombie already.

28 Likes