Santos Insists Very Loudly It Was His Decision To Step Down From Committees – Not McCarthy’s

Rep. George Santos (R-NY) insisted on Tuesday that it was his own decision to step away from his committee assignments.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1446865

“Nobody tells me to do anything. I made the decision on my own that I thought best represented the interest of the voters,”

bigly large (and strong) @dril vibes

“im not owned! im not owned!!”, i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob

17 Likes

This guy does not care about the “voters”. The voters want him gone.

22 Likes

Santos Insists Very Loudly It Was His Decision To Step Down From Committees – Not McCarthy’s

Santos now eagerly hopes you do not watch as he proceeds to thoroughly spank himself.

8 Likes

"I made the decision on my own that I thought best represented the interest of the voters.”

Choosing not to represent your constituents on any committees is a totes legit way to “best represent” their interests.

37 Likes

Well, I guess that makes Santos “mavericky.”

9 Likes

If he thinks stepping down from committees is “in the best interest of the voters” why not go one further and get the hell out of Congress. If it’s the voters he cares about…then go for it all.

21 Likes

“Nobody tells me to do anything. I made the decision on my own that I thought best represented the interest of the voters,”

The United States Department of Justice is going to tell you to do a great many things, George.

Just you watch…

interests of YOUR constituents = 78% of them want you to RESIGN.

15 Likes

He just being fiscally conservative…

“An election would cost the voters more money than paying me $350k to do nothing”

8 Likes

Ex-boyfriend: He’s a ‘psychopathic liar’…

15 Likes

I agree not to watch that…

6 Likes

So now Santos gets to sit on his ass around his office, occasionally cast a vote on bills he likely has no substantive knowledge of and collect $174,000/year plus allowances, staff budget, and other “perks”, all at taxpayer expense.

21 Likes

Santos will resign but it will be part of a plea deal with the DOJ.

13 Likes

Well, this is no change, he wasn’t going to those committee meetings anyway…

In Saying so beforehand, this may be the most honest thing he’s done on years

7 Likes

Well, were he my critter I wouldn’t want him showing up to work.

14 Likes

“Nobody tells me to do anything."

They may order it at some point.

18 Likes

OK, this has been bugging me: Santos’ use of the term “recuse.”

Definitions indicate this is to remove oneself from something to avoid a conflict of interest, so either this is an admission of guilt or just a completely wrong use of the word.

I think he means he’s asked to be temporarily EXcused from serving on the committees or he has temporarily REFused to be seated. Being a distraction is not a conflict of interest for HIM, although it may be in the best interests of the committees.

10 Likes

Then can you very loudly vacate the premises so your constituents get legitimate representation?

Thanks!

8 Likes

How about, “Put your hands on the hood of the car and spread your legs.”
Would complying be in the best interest of Santos’ voters, 'cause he may be hearing something akin to it soon.

6 Likes

“You can’t make me!” stomp stomp

Half of Congress is just guys with unresolved mommy issues, I swear. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available