Sanders Wins New Hampshire Primary | Talking Points Memo

I’d love to see your rendition of me posting lies.

1 Like

The first one is the 1 in 10 Bernie primary voters that voted Trump in the general. This number was sufficient to swing the election to Trump.

2 Likes

Just leaving this here for all the commenters who seem to be relying on the badly out-of-date and wildly inaccurate narrative that Bernie can’t possibly expand his base of support because he doesn’t appeal to minority voters:

BERNIE SANDERS LEADS ALL DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATES IN SUPPORT FROM NON-WHITE VOTERS, NEW POLLS SHOW
BY JASON LEMON ON 2/11/20 AT 3:21 PM EST

Senator Bernie Sanders leads all the Democratic presidential candidates in support from non-white voters and has gained 10 points among black voters, according to new polls released Tuesday.

Former Vice President Joe Biden has long touted his support from minority–and particularly black–voters to demonstrate his electability for the Democratic party’s nomination. But the candidate’s support has appeared to slide dramatically among all demographics since his fourth-place finish in Iowa last Monday. Meanwhile, Sanders appears to be surging.

The independent senator from Vermont is backed by 28 percent of black, non-white Hispanic and Asian voters, according to the latest polling data from Monmouth University. Biden came in second with support from 20 percent, or 8 points less than Sanders.

3 Likes

Well the reasonable thing here since you claimed I said things I clearly said you lied about is for you to post quotes of mine from this thread proving I attacked sanders and so on. Easy.

Edit: lol, zero response naturally.

You guys keep moving the goal posts. Dr. Coyote above stated that Sanders THREW the election in Trump’s favor: “Only question is whether he once again opts to throw an election to Trump.” You can’t prove who voted for whom any more than I can. But in order for Dr. Coyote’s claim to have any merit, he/you need to show us where Sander’s somehow either encouraged his supporters to vote fr Trump, and/or took proactive steps to help tank Clinton. I’m 110% sure you can’t do either one.

3 Likes

How many no-Party-registration NH voters took Trump’s advice to vote for Bernie?

Wouldn’t that have an effect in an election that he won by a hair’s breadth?

1 Like

If 4000 votes counts as a hairsbreadth, then maybe. Do you have any proof whatsoever that even 1 repub did so, much less thousands?

And just btw in case you were wondering, Sanders won Iowa by 6000 popular votes.

Moving the goal posts how? Exit polling from the 2016 election shows that 1 in 10 Bernie Primary voters voted for Trump in the general election. This number easily covers the spread of the 77,000 votes in three states that gave trump the electoral college win. Now I am not saying that Bernie has control of his voters and that they can vote for whomever they want but you can’t be serious that the rest of the Democratic Party should be held hostage to this element of Bernies support? Trump is so odious and despised that it is a better and safer bet to count on moderates to deliver the electoral victory rather than a portion of Bernies vengeful supporters.After all the 2018 mid terms were a proving ground that moderation delivers electoral wins and that Bernies position only wins in already blue areas.in case you missed it, the general election is going to be determined in about 15 swing states. It is immaterial what the popular vote is. After all California only has 55 electoral college votes and it doesn’t matter a hoot if Bernie were to win there with 90% of the vote yet lose Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan by one tenth of 1 percent.

7 Likes

If the high sparrow cared about the country he would of used his heart attack as a reason to drop out.

6 Likes

But…but heart attacks made him stronger! He’s now healthier than a twenty year old.
Also, bUt hEr pNeUmOnIa.

4 Likes

Nice. Bookmark this in case I see you people cry “rigged” over 4 million votes.

3 Likes

Yes, you guys are moving the goal posts by conflating several issues into one. It was stated above (without any proof whatsoever) that Sanders THREW the last election to Trump, and may do so again. I’m challenging that statement and demanding facts to back it up.

2 Likes

Huh?

I don’t believe he helped trump on purpose, though some of his supporters and surrogates did, but his actions sure helped. But just like with Nader some people fail to recognize it.

8 Likes

Actually we don’t. That’s the problem. We wish the voters he does represent would see a common enemy in Trump and vote for whoever wins the nomination so as to rid the country of a danger like it’s never faced in its history. If and when that danger is passed we’d be delighted to have a conversation about how the goals he espouses, which we mostly agree with, can be achieved.

23 Likes

Thank doG the old, white guy won a race that doesn’t mean shit to a tree.

Hope he got a tee.

It’s not like winning Iowa, but damn close.

2 Likes

Seems his supporters see Trump as the enemy more acutely.

Agreement without support is lethargy. Goals cannot be achieved if agreement lacks support.

1 Like

Yes, this is the DNC blog. The anti-Bernie rhetoric is a constant in the TPM equation.

1 Like

To the delusional, perhaps.

B.S.'s “win” was pyrrhic, at best. Less than a 2% win in his next door state’s primary, after winning in 2016 is decidedly underwhelming. He came away with the same amount of delegates as Buttigeig, a newcomer from the midwest.

It seems apparent that voters are beginning to understand that B.S. as the Democratic nominee would result in electoral disaster of historic proportions. The down-ticket losses would be epic and horrific.

Many voters just aren’t feeling the “bern”. The question is whether his supporters will be angry enough to “bern it all down”. I’m afraid they will be.

12 Likes

Congratulations to Bernie Sanders on winning both New Hampshire and Iowa!

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available