Sailor On Ousted Navy Captain’s Ship Dies From COVID-19

The Navy announced on Monday morning that a crew member on the USS Theodore Roosevelt, the ship formerly led by Captain Brett Crozier before his ouster, had died from COVID-19 earlier in the day.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1303313
1 Like

But Yeah, SecDef Esper supported that tough decision…

20 Likes

Poor kid. Young, healthy, and then boom. Shaking my head.

Just in case you’re not mad enough about this, I read yesterday that other senior officers wanted to cosign the famous letter and Crozier said no, the burden was his. Obviously a hell of a guy. Damn damn danmn these people to hell.

67 Likes

So sorry for his family’s,and our country’s, loss.
So sorry for all those serving while POS Trump is President.
So proud of you for serving.

32 Likes

Toughen up snowflakes. This sailor died so the Trump regime could look strong and reopen the economy ASAP. What are a few (100,000+) deaths compared to the luminescent and everlasting glory of Trump?

30 Likes

It appears that Capt. Crozier was a naval Cassandra. I wonder how many other sailors — and maybe Crozier himself — die before he is reinstated, preferably with a very public apology from Defense Secretary Mark Esper? I would also suggest a promotion but that would be way beyond remotely feasible to expect from this maladministration.

BTW I wonder if Cadet Bone Spurs will attend the funeral when the yet unnamed sailor is laid to rest with military honors? Just kidding.

36 Likes

While all the deaths due to coronavirus are heartbreaking, this one feels a little more devastating to me.

38 Likes

This is a tragedy, like all the unnecessary death.

Too bad the despicable POTUS only likes people who don’t get captured, or in this case, who Don’t die from viruses.

16 Likes

Thank dog Crozier called attention to this.

Trump and Esper were angry because Crozier made them look bad? They look far, far worse now.

40 Likes

Yes … and be prepared for one of the more noxious spewers of vile hate to launch into some sick twisted-logic rant baselessly claiming that “liberals” are gleeful at the news of this death because it makes Trump look bad.

18 Likes

Saying “Trump is a sociopath” is not just an academic exercise.

It is a scream against the entire Republican Party, which enables Trump to this day.

33 Likes

Very sad, but more evidence for the Trump Pandemic Tribunals.

13 Likes

Well, when you put it that way …

12 Likes

As they should.

17 Likes

Preventable deaths vs. re-election optimization?

Mere collateral damage to the Commander-in-Tweet.

8 Likes

How much more needs to be endured for the enablers to realize their loyalty is totally misplaced?? God Almighty!!

12 Likes

It does make Trump look bad, but he always looks bad. It makes Trump look like Trump. That’s the tragic reality for America and for this sailor and his family.

20 Likes

This may be tangential to this story, but not really (when paired with my earlier post). There is a book out on McConnell.

And he deserves this one.

If I had enough fleets of planes, I would airdrop them to any and EVERY city and town with a population greater than 10 people.

7 Likes

Crozier deserves to have a ship named for him.

19 Likes

I feared this would happen considering how many on board had the disease. I’m just surprised they have made it public .

Note: Story calls the victim a “soldier”? I would think a sailor or a Marine.

14 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available