RonJon Wants To Know: Why Is The Government Rushing To Vaccinate Everyone? | Talking Points Memo

Don’t even know what to say to Johnson’s idiocy.

From the article:

Johnson also argued “that the fact it is 95% effective means only a limited number of people need to be vaccinated.”

4 Likes

To be fair, they never intended to drown the entire government. Only parts of it.

2 Likes

That’s why it costs extra.

8 Likes

I thought Inhofe was dead or retired or something. Apparently he’s still there but we don’t seem to hear anything about him, and has been on the wingnut side on everything from LGBT equality to climate change.

Despite everything I still don’t entirely get how being a far right wacko means believing all the same things as all the other far right wackos. One of these people in the US or UK or anywhere else seems to believe all the same completely conspiracy theories.

2 Likes

He’s angling for a post as ruler of the Queen’s Donald’s Navee…he’s always voted at his party’s call and never thought of thinking for himself at all.

I think that it more along the lines of the man with the candy in the van. If you trust the government enough to get in the van, who knows what you might trust next? We’re on a swiftly tilting planet if we don’t get off carbon? The country is still plagued by systemic racism? The Earth is more than 6000 years old? Where will it end!?

It’s a bizarre doublethink. “Don’t trust the government; elect people like me to government and trust us to protect you from the government.”

Why would he read news about India? How could anything happening on the far side of the planet have any impact on him? He doesn’t see how…Wuhan show him the way?

5 Likes

I am still annoyed that my cat had to be microchipped before adoption.

1 Like

See: India. Or Brazil. We are in a time in which just rounding up all these dangerous clowns and dropping them off on the Pacific Plastic Island seems like a great idea.

3 Likes

Sold exclusively at The Bard Grocery chain.

Kumar said when his mother, a government healthcare worker, tested positive 10 days ago, the authorities could not find a hospital bed for her.

“The government is not doing anything. Only you can save your family. You are on your own,” he said.

That’s certainly how a lot of us felt when the head moron was president. Not a good place to be, and India’s place right now is horrific.

9 Likes

Neither could he. It wasn’t about getting anything done, ever. It was about whatever he could do for himself and his businesses.

9 Likes

For the record: House on the Rock is just cool. My first Christmas out here in Wisconsin, hubby took me for an overnight, so that I could see this place.

I must have over 100 photos and a couple of videos.

The place is nothing less than astounding.

5 Likes

It is.

But also nutty.

Meanwhile, here’s the inside of Ron Johnson’s head:

7 Likes

Again, more than five years ago. I don’t know how many times I can emphasize the change in WI voters.

For G-d’s sake, we voted Scotty out. That alone should give us SOME credibility.

Map: Governor election results | | madison.com

6 Likes

People who ought to be ashamed, vastly outnumber and are much better organized than anyone who’s made it their mission in life to shame them.

The Senator wouldn’t know the difference.

3 Likes

This was inevitable. #Legacy

17 Likes

I always thought GoneJon (GonJon?) was appropriate.

1 Like

Too bad there’s no preventative public service protocol for brain spurs.

4 Likes

I know. It’s mind boggling.

1 Like

You have every right to be afraid, Ron. We’re coming for your DNA.

2 Likes

To create a vaccine against it?

3 Likes