Ron Johnson And Ted Cruz Met With Trucker Convoy Organizers

These guys have fuel bills to worry about, and Lot Lizards who want to know when they can get back to home turf.

4 Likes

Cancun might make him honorary mayor. “Ees muy buena para el turismo!”

2 Likes

¡Gracias a Dios!

2 Likes

“We’re not going anywhere.”

Pretty much sums up this entire effort.

22 Likes

Judging by the photo they’re meeting in one of the senate office buildings. Now I know they didn’t drive their rigs there because they have not been shot, so how did they get there? Hope they didn’t get stuck in traffic.

9 Likes

The dates and duration of the Ukraine Crisis juxtaposed with this meeting will cement the names Ted Cruz and Ron Johnson in the annals of pettyness.

Fortunately they are not President Biden or anyone else doing important work.

13 Likes

I think I read that they’ve raised over $800k. About 20 trucks traveling 3000 miles, but at $40k per truck there’s probably still some left over. But they do need to get home, or to their next load. And I’ll bet a bunch of that $800k stuck to the fundraisers, not the beneficiaries.

15 Likes

They know that they are an absolute necessity for the GOP as it is now constructed. That can change but it will be a bit of work.

2 Likes

The something for them is a photo op next to one of the trucks, not a senate offices meeting room with some middlaged mook in a plaid shirt. But they’d have to drive all the way to Hagerstown, so no go.

12 Likes

As always, follow the money…

3 Likes

Senate Republicans, including Ron Johnson and Marco Rubio, are now praising Rick Scott’s 2022 GOP platform that calls for raising taxes on “over half of Americans,” including seniors.

16 Likes

“We’re not going anywhere.”

You can say that again.

7 Likes

OT

Make 2022 the Last Daylight Savings Time Ever

Sign the TPM petition ; - )

5 Likes

Brase signaled convoy members’ intention to prolong their presence in the D.C. area, and hope to meet with more moron lawmakers on the Hill.

FIFY!

3 Likes

Would seem Ted Cruz and Ron Johnson have an affinity for losers.

7 Likes

These two “Senators” embody the depth to which the once-great Party of Lincoln, Grant, T. Roosevelt and Eisenhower has sunk. It’s irretrievable, and deserves to die.
FACTIO REPUBLICANA DELENDA EST

11 Likes

I struggle with the metaphor in my head… I imagine a visual correction test where the words on the chart are:

I N A N E
M E A N I
N G L E S S

And at first it’s kinda blurry, but you’re pretty sure that what you’re seeing is INANE and MEANINGLESS. The optometrist flips the Canada Protest lens down.
“Better or worse?”
“Still kinda fuzzy, but I can tell it’s INANE and MEANINGLESS”
flips Jan 6 lens down “Better or worse?”
“Bout the same”
flips the Ukraine War lens down “Better or worse?”
“Oh, now it is extremely clear when viewed through that lens…what I am seeing is INANE and MEANINGLESS”

9 Likes

They nauseate me. Thus beyond words.

8 Likes

Give it a few months and we will be hearing about all the truckers who never got ANY money after repeatedly contacting the organizers. Ol’ One Eye Elmer with the Oaf Breakers had lots of people in his org wondering where all the money was going. Just the cost of doing RW bidness.

12 Likes

Excuse me.

And somebody explain to me why freeking Arizona isn’t forcing the whole damn country to do THAT?