Ron Johnson And Ted Cruz Met With Trucker Convoy Organizers

Three days into a handful of truckers’ effort to circle the Capital Beltway to protest COVID-19 mandates, leaders of the so-called “People’s Convoy” met with Sens. Ron Johnson (R-WI) and Ted Cruz (R-TX) to vow that truckers won’t back down until vaccine mandates in the country end.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1408123

Perhaps the least useful meeting in Earth history.

53 Likes

nunca vas a ser presidente rafael

16 Likes

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." – Voltaire

39 Likes

I used to drive 18 wheeler, so did my father and my brother in law still does. actual owner operators don’t have time/money to do this kinda crap no matter what their politics are. When you drive truck for a living if you’re not rolling down the road with a paying load then your not just not making money, you’re losing money. Anybody just sitting for days is probably a shill or possibly someone who owns multiple trucks and can afford to have 1 sit. I’m guessing paid shills tho, someone should get names and the CDL license numbers of some of these jokers to see if any of them actually file taxes as truck drivers

81 Likes

The organizers have to realize that nobody cares. I can’t help but imagine that some said, “Cruz and Johnson? That’s all we can get?”

37 Likes

Next, Cruz and Johnsonwhacks hosted aggrieved pedophiles and promised swift action…

8 Likes

Well, I say “keep on circling” until you completely deplete your savings. Nobody cares about your little temper tantrum.

46 Likes

I’m with @revjim, somebody’s paying for this, it just lacks any sense of “spontainiosity”.

Time for some enterprising reporters to “follow the money”…

30 Likes

“God bless all of you,” Johnson said, according to the Post. “I think your stories are so powerful.”

No–I believe the more appropriate word there would have been “pitiful.”

29 Likes

It’s almost like there’s other shit going on in the world and nobody cares about these guys except these two assholes.

29 Likes

These “truckers” are aimlessly driving around trying to attract some attention, just like the GQP politicians. This is a marriage made in Trumpland.

33 Likes

“God bless all of you,” Johnson said, according to the Post. “I think your stories are so powerful.”

Stories, like “I’m a dumbass who won’t take a free vaccine that will save my life, because… freedom!”

20 Likes

I must agree with @revjim because there is no way that Rafael Cruz and Ron Johnson would sit there with the truckers unless there was something in it for them. Besides that, look at the look on Ron Johnson’s face, it is telling because he looks like he would rather be at the dentist.

20 Likes

So would I if I was in a room with this many dumb asses.

4 Likes

It always amazes me that people like the trucker convoy, the proud boys, the 3 percenters, etc think they are so powerful and almighty that they can bring the United States of America to her knees. What enormous egos and lack of knowledge of the world.

21 Likes

You mean Matt Gaetz?

17 Likes

Mrs Clarence Thomas

18 Likes

That photo. Cruz looks like he’s got sandy beaches on his mind.

14 Likes

“We’re going to keep looping the Beltway until we’re heard,”

“until someone tells us what we’re even protesting to begin with”

There, that’s better.

Must be nice to be so wealthy in the Biden Economy that you can afford to “protest” in such a leisurely, extravagant fashion.

21 Likes