Romney Warns Of ‘Severe’ Consequences Of Lame Duck Trump Lashing Out | Talking Points Memo

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-UT) suggested that President Donald Trump may cause damage during his lame duck period that is “potentially more severe” than the delayed transition that has captured much of the national spotlight thus far.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1345606
1 Like

News Flash: Republican Says The Obvious.

Trying to be the news.

15 Likes

Susan Collins will become concerned in 3, 2, 1…

15 Likes

Shut up, Mitt.

20 Likes

Too little, too late. Could have voted to impeach. Could have used his voice sooner. As could Mueller, Bush…cowards all.

10 Likes

Oh, I can rest easy now.

Michigan House Speaker, Lee Chatfield flashing white power sign?

15 Likes

So, you want to stage some serious political theater, Mitt? Work with the House on impeaching Trump AGAIN.

7 Likes

TFW Mitt Romney, who deeply sucks, continues to be the “best” Republican in office.

6 Likes

He wants to be Prez so bad he can fucking taste it.

9 Likes

He did vote to impeach. He’s no profile in courage, but I’m glad he’s speaking out.

34 Likes

Isn’t it strange that so many of these Trumpublicans display that same hand gesturing tic.

8 Likes

Did Mittens discover a backbone or 2024 aspirations? Lofty rhetoric from “sane” wing of the GOP.
Poor Mitt doesn’t seem to realize that he might as well scream into the wind!
Oh, and, Too Little Too Fucking Late you fucking git.

5 Likes

Perhaps they’re into freemasonry.

8 Likes

Can anyone quantify the political price McConnell is being made to pay for these shenanigans?

6 Likes

It turns out that the President of the United States can really do a lot of damage if he’s completely insane and his behavior goes unchecked. Who knew?

26 Likes

Whenever possible, the odious will be odious, and the evil will be evil.
These are redundantly redundant truths.
Given the chance, Satan’s Avatar will lie about that, too.

6 Likes

To Romney and all “concerned” Republican congresspeople: threaten to caucus with the Dems or forever savor your feckless inadequacy.

10 Likes

Hey Romney! once upon a time your father palled around with guys who had the courage to stand for country over thuggish bare-knuckles power plays …
Your dad knew and respected these GOP Senators who said to Nixon - “NO - YOU ARE DONE”

History will judge you … are you brave? or are you a flexible appeaser - like Neville Chamberlain?

12 Likes

Mitt you are still part of the party of the enablers, though I will give you credit for stepping out of line every once and while. But what good have you brought this fight? Who have you tried to get to join you in this journey back to reality.
A phrase keeps running through my mind: “you built this”.

16 Likes

More like him, please

3 Likes