Roger Stone Requests New Trial Amid Presidential Meddling Scandal | Talking Points Memo

Over the past year, I’ve occasionally checked back to this, Olbermann’s last “Resistance” commentary. Until recently, I really believed that he was correct - that there was no way Trump would finish out his term. It seemed like a good idea at the time…

2 Likes

American Gestapo hunting for certain despised ethnic groups.

3 Likes

How to you come to that conclusion?

He has four brand new openings to fill with cronies who pledge him fealty.

Go back and listen to her early, early days on Air America Radio. She had LOTS of rough edges in those days.

I’ll spot her that tic, just out of respect for how far she has come in such a short amount of time. Also, “I mean” becomes a bit of a legal CYA for someone in her role…every time she uses it, the following sentence is editoralizing.

Not sure that’s where it comes from, but it wouldn’t surprise me that she drilled that phrase into her head based on that reason.

3 Likes

You know that goats are the 21st century thing now?

Kinda curious why this hasn’t gotten any attention here on TPM:

How did they get away with doing that? The judge should reject the filing on that ground alone.

1 Like
3 Likes

Why waste time on a new trial when Trump clearly is going to pardon him?

I do get her passion for fly fishing, even a nice little gun for target practice (I have a S&W 38 Chief’s Special myself.) But, never an AR-15. Just, NO. I have too many murderous thoughts.

Sometimes, a political cartoon is so spot on.

Roger Stone wants a new trial and I’d like to go on a 500 mile road trip with Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, Laura Dern, Tina Fey, Kristen Wiig and Mary Louse Parker in stretch limo with plenty of booze just for the laughs.

3 Likes

They probably claimed to have super super sensitive information, is how you usually get something filed under seal. Defendant’s cooperation and the need to protect the Defendant from retaliation is the main reason I have seen or invoked, but I have had it justified by sensitive family or personal information. Let’s see if the Judge mentions it in her ruling and maybe even unseals it. But my bet for now is they didnt want to hear the chorus of loud laughs and comments about the chutzpah of Roger Stone and his increasingly brazen and desperate legal team.

4 Likes

Which one’s Billy Barr?

They are cute little guys. One sees them in Asia, maybe a dozen on strings led by the farmer. Of course they’re food there. We used to take the kids to the petting zoo. One time we found one eating my wife’s straw purse when we were all distracted.

2 Likes

A felony conviction is a bad thing to have on your record. Even if it’s expunged, everyone would know he was convicted of a felony. Better to be acquitted.

He underestimated how much Republicans just wouldn’t care.

4 Likes

If goats have/get jowls, then it’s the most jowly one of the group.

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree. If Barr intervenes in this one there could a mass exodus from DoJ. Will he risk it?

So found this in WaPo. Since Trump has been elected there have been over 300 cases of kids being bullied because they’re Hispanic, POC, or Muslim. These are the incidents that were reported in new stories across the country, there has to be more that didn’t make it into a news story.
During the same time there were 45+ times where a kid identify with Trump was harassed.
Now what got my dander up was Staph Grisham response to WaPo :

Asked about Trump’s effect on student behavior, White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham noted that first lady Melania Trump — whose “Be Best” campaign denounces online harassment — had encouraged kids worldwide to treat one another with respect.

“She knows that bullying is a universal problem for children that will be difficult to stop in its entirety,” Grisham wrote in an email, “but Mrs. Trump will continue her work on behalf of the next generation despite the media’s appetite to blame her for actions and situations outside of her control.”

Really am I wrong to think that if you’re FLOTUS, and you have an anti-bullying campaign, shouldn’t you be held to a standard? If you can’t even stop the bully in your family why in the world would anyone want to listen to your views?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/local/school-bullying-trump-words/?fbclid=IwAR074QSy7bhcGuNTHo_CePVRBeTXBxrmuGAjzxW9VG0e6MTM9YQxxIkLOjQ&utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

3 Likes

Tranquilizer dart. Large game size.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available