Roger Stone Celebrates Brazen Move By Trump To Commute His Sentence | Talking Points Memo

Former political adviser and longtime friend to President Donald Trump, Roger Stone, celebrated the news of his commutation Friday night to the cheers of his supporters, saying that he is confident he will further clear his name by pursuing an appeal.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1320001

Getting closer to the gun on 5th Ave.

30 Likes

Clearly justice does not apply to any of Agent Orange’s co-conspirators. I’m shocked.

Also, too, Here’s something you’ll really like.

12 Likes

Well la-di-da.

3 Likes

democracy is taking a lot of hits lately.
if a republican opens his or her mouth about law and order after Biden becomes president, he or she should immediately be dropped into a meat grinder or wood chipper.

26 Likes

Is…is this supposed to be a parody?

2 Likes

Two systems of justice means no system of justice. I’m not going to take the bait of Stone dancing and celebrating his apparent “victory”. This isn’t over, not by a long shot. And then, I will dance, though that won’t be a pretty sight.

ETA: Mitt is very unhappy. Let’s see if he actually does anything.

https://twitter.com/mittromney/status/1281937795616067586?s=21

> Unprecedented, historic corruption: an American president commutes the sentence of a person convicted by a jury of lying to shield that very president.

29 Likes

Roger Stone is about as unappealing as you can get. Who’s paying the attorneys?

14 Likes

Could this just be an effort to remain in the spotlight?

Hell, he isn’t going to jail. Apparently, that’s not enough?

6 Likes

Wanna bet how much is being covered by Trump’s organization?

Follow the money…

7 Likes

Stone’s more full of shit than all the vault toilets in Grand Canyon National Park combined the day after Labor Day.

11 Likes

Yes, and in a way this is a good thing. Stone shooting off his mouth is grist for new charges. He is incapable of shutting up, and next time he threatens a judge maybe they’ll charge him with it.

23 Likes

Mitt Romney has a chance to become more than Myth Romney. The track record says he won’t, but who knows?

9 Likes

Looks like Susan Collins level pearl clutching. That’s about it.

8 Likes

My ongoing question is whether this is viable anyway. He’s obviously guilty of the crimes he was charged with. A “process crime” is a kind of a silly way to admit that you did in fact commit a “crime.” “Obamagate” or whatever you’d like to call it can’t penetrate the courtroom, which quaintly adheres to its notions of “rules of evidence” and “sworn testimony,” “perjury” and “objective reality.” IMHO this is Stone running his mouth like he’s done all his parasitic life.

26 Likes

Perhaps a Kamala Harris DOJ might revisit Mr. Stone’s apparent unfamiliarity with the law.

10 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised at all. It does seem as if Roger Stone has Trump over a barrel. Just another individual or entity that can blackmail our President.

22 Likes

Thinking back to February this comes into my mind:
In a country where ordinary citizens had the courage to give their lives to down a plane headed for a mass tragedy (Flight 93), it is inconceivable that elected Republicans didn’t summon the courage to challenge an out of control pResident because they are afraid of him tweeting about them.

22 Likes

He did file notice of appeal on April 30th, but as far as I know has yet to file any grounds for appeal. And any real appeal goes to DC Circuit court where he will have to draw Neomi Rao among a 3 judge panel to have any chance. But making noise lets him fundraise.

9 Likes

Sure. It’s what he does. It’s what he can’t not do. But I hesitate to take it seriously.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available