Right-Wing Groups Want To Make Tina Peters a Big Lie Poster Child - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Looks Tina Peters might get a golden parachute: A far-right group recently tried to raise money to send the local Colorado election clerk around the country spreading the Big Lie.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1433888

Editing fail in the first three words. Welcome to TPM, Kaila Philo!

ETA: Now do the last three words of the first sentence in paragraph 3.

8 Likes

She looks more like an older woman than a child.

6 Likes

Tina Peters: A low life fascist in high heels.

7 Likes

Poster child?
Sure, do it!
Keep digging into her past, let’s make her as happy as Lindell and TFG are right about now.

I’m old enough to remember when Geico adopted a gecko as pitchman because humans have too many flaws and can tank your brand name.

20 Likes

It’s time to call people like Peters what they really are, in terms the MAGA crowd can understand:

She’s a communist.

Seriously. She loves Russia and Putin, she demands that her candidate be declared the winner no matter what, and she doesn’t believe in the three branches of government (the courts rejected many, many attempts to show the 2022 vote was fraudulent, without an iota of success).

You’ve got to hit them where they live. Call them Communists and if they deny it, ask why they love Putin, a card carrying Communist from a Communist Country. Their heads will explode as they try to process the incongruity.

8 Likes

The desperation of the RW is wonderful to see. When dragging out Tina Peters is the best you’ve got, you’re done.

17 Likes

I suppose, since Republicans misuse the term “communist”, turn about may seem like fair play…

…but Putin is not a Communist. He a totalitarian. He is a fascist. He is an instrument of the oligarchy. He is a self-absorbed narcissist. He is a former Soviet Intelligence officer who misses the good old days of the Cold War, manipulating ignorant (willfully or otherwise) Libertarian Americans who think they can make a buck and stay in power by embracing totalitarianism, fascism and oligarchy for their own personal gain. Calling them communists instead of what they are is fine with them, because they know they can easily laugh it off.

16 Likes

I guess Gecko was a step up from this … and does as is told!

7 Likes

Is that MTG’s sister?

9 Likes

I don’t think changing minds is the point. Charging $50 a head in “donations” is the point.

12 Likes

… geez - and when we look at Trump … striking similarity

He a totalitarian. He is a fascist. He is an instrument of the right-wing American oligarchy. He is a self-absorbed narcissist. He is a bigoted racist who misses the good old days of the pre-Civil Rights era, manipulating ignorant (willfully or otherwise) conservative Americans who think they can make a buck and stay in power by embracing totalitarianism, fascism and oligarchy for their own personal gain.

10 Likes

We should do whatever we can to encourage them in this effort.

never-interrupt

13 Likes

“Editing fail” isn’t exactly good English either.

3 Likes

“We’re looking forward to contracting with her right after the first of the year to go out and speak on the same thing she’s speaking about now, when she’s not an elected official any longer,” Americans for America Regina Thomson told the Colorado Times Reporter.

I would like to make a special offer to all of my TPM friends to join my new group, Real Americans for Honest to God America, for a one time voluntary donation of $40 (recurring monthly if you forget to check the microscopic box at the end of the 3 paragraphs of “legal legal legal”. This one donation will also get you membership in Real Patriots for Patriotism, Patriotic Friends of Freedom, Free Patriots, and We’re Not Racist, Your Racist (misspelling purposeful).

I would add a trademark symbol to all of these except I don’t know how to do that.

10 Likes

Used as a noun, definition 2.

5 Likes

Your legal analysis posts are far stronger.

Your critique of my English is bullshit, but okay.

5 Likes

Is it Hardees in Colorado, or Carl’s Junior? I trust the Feds are on top of it.

3 Likes

This really is a major problem that Paul Krugman often writes about, that it pays to be a right wing hack who continues to spout lies and discredited theories for money.

That is being a right wing hack pays very well.

In Krugman’s case, he complains about it in regard to economic issues, how so called economists continue to spout “zombie” ideas that tax cuts for billionaires pay for themselves and cure all ills. In fact it has gotten so bad that these zombie ideas are used to fix the water situation in Mississippi and have now gone international and are causing the British economy to collapse.

https://static.nytimes.com/email-content/PK_sample.html

From one of his posts on Britain:

“So why the sudden run on the pound? One answer I liked came from the City of London economist Dario Perkins, who declared that the problem with the budget wasn’t that it was inflationary but that it was “moronic,” and that an economy run by morons has to pay a risk premium.”

But the point is that because it pays so well and often leads to power as in the case of the new British Prime Minister, these disastrous or “moronic” policies are a staple with right wingers throughout the world.

Tina Peter’s applies this to democracy. That is lying to advance right wing causes including destroying democracy pays and so those without souls continue to do it.

13 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available