Right-Wing Election Denialism Reaches An Astonishing New Low

Funds were diverted from disaster relief to the border…in 2019. By Trump.

Every accusation is a confession.

62 Likes

WV isn’t going to do anything if Harris wins. Assuming they could even pull it off, who else in the world would recognize them? The Maldives? It’s all performative.

53 Likes

From the MM: If West Virginia secedes, does that mean it reverts to becoming part of Virginia again? I have so many questions.

Give it back to Virginia, and let them handle all the toxins and the toxic government.
Better yet, give it back to the original tribal peoples who lived or hunted there: tribes of the Iroquois Confederation to the north, the Shawnees to the west, and the Cherokees to the south.

23 Likes

We’ll have to pump even more money into WV to keep the population were it is. We don’t need anymore “illegal aliens” flooding the United States.

31 Likes

Petty as it may be, it warms my heart that no matter how many billions (or even trillions) that Elon makes, he’ll never live this ridiculous photo down.

ETA: That’s really not a big crowd there in the background.

52 Likes

True, but Trump voters don’t see it as hypocrisy. Trump is allowed to do that, because the Degenerate Leader is special.

20 Likes

The Onion has a story for every occasion…

59 Likes

Tesla CEO Elon Musk (R) jumps on stage

Watching his performance, the boy ain’t right. He seems to think he is the coolest person on the planet. It has to be hell working for him.

And can’t he buy a damn Tee that actually is the right size? That belly mass display is simply… well vulgar.

38 Likes

Indeed. God’s Word is referred to as $criptures in Trump’s Bible.

16 Likes

I’m trying to figure out what some of these yahoo’s think should have been done in the last 7 days? I mean the state was dealing with water. Water will do it’s thing, you can try and direct it, but it has a will of it’s own. Then they’re dealing with terrain, always a factor in how fast someone, anyone can respond.

38 Likes

Why in the world would they want them? If WV decides to secede, they should be reminded that they’re a massive taker state that can’t survive without the federal government subsidizing them, but I’m all for red states engaging in as much FAFO as they wish. Methbilly America can’t survive a day without blue states propping them up.

58 Likes

My only question is, can we get them to secede before the election?

31 Likes

I clicked into that Oklahoman story on the Bibles, which was a republication of an Oklahoma Watch story. It claims

Paperback versions of the New King James Version are available online for $2.99 each

But, that’s unlikely to get you 55,000 copies. You’re probably looking at between 12 and 25 dollars per copy. These are as little as $14 BibleSurplus.com wholesale discount pew bulk bibles - Youth/Student Bibles

16 Likes

WOW! What a weekend! Several of us spent Saturday getting the latest briefing from Soros International HQ, and poor @castor_troy just could not make heads or tails out of our instructions for the next 30 days. Thank Bastet for stepping in and giving the green light for @rascal_crone to set him straight, and she did a mighty fine job of it, too! She put him in his place! I happened to snag a little video of her strutting her stuff afterward.

63 Likes

And because it aligns with their goal.

12 Likes

Election Denialism Still Front And Center For National GOP

Heather Cox Richardson:

Trump’s administration began with a oundational lie about the size of the crowd at his inauguration. Recent challenges to that assertion from Vice President Kamala Harris and former president Barack Obama rankled as badly as they did for Trump because that lie allowed Trump to define the public conversation. Forcing his supporters to commit to a lie that was demonstrably untrue locked them into accepting others throughout his presidency, for backing away would become harder and harder with each lie they accepted.

Challenging that lie, as Harris and Obama did, challenged all those that came afterward, including the lie that Trump had been the true winner of the 2020 presidential election. Thanks to the October 2 filing by special counsel Jack Smith, we know that Trump was in almost daily communication with Bannon as he pushed that lie.

Scholars of authoritarianism call a lie of such magnitude a “Big Lie,” a key propaganda tool associated with Nazi Germany. It is a lie so huge that no one can believe it is false. If leaders repeat it enough times, refusing to admit that it is a lie, people come to think it is the truth because surely no one would make up anything so outrageous.

50 Likes

Gotta admit, Republicans have finally convinced me that we need to abolish the Department of Education….but only in Oklahoma.

24 Likes

It’s not about being rational, it’s not about the facts, it’s inventing a political cudgel out of whole cloth to attack Biden/Harris. My guess is they would not do this for a nasty Earthquake in the Los Angeles basin. The communities involved in the Southeast are largely rural, red (with some blue enclaves) and predominantly White, which makes it a good place to stir up sectional and cultural resentment. Trump and the GOP are evil manipulators of suffering people and they have a good chance of prevailing on Nov 5.

44 Likes

Well I guess WV is too small to become a republic, and too big to become an insane asylum.
-h/t to James L. Petigrew

42 Likes

Extra points for Hillbilly Vanilli.
:smile:

14 Likes