Rick Scott Makes It Pretty Obvious Republicans Are Anxious About Florida, Too

Just two weeks after the Florida Supreme Court upheld a 15-week abortion ban and cleared the way for a six-week one to take effect, Sen. Rick Scott (R-FL) is publicly attempting to soften his stance on abortion.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1485961
1 Like

What We Are Reading

The Supreme Court Can No Longer Sidestep Considering January 6 and the Attempts to Subvert the 2020 Election — Election Law Blog

A Weary Trump Appears to Doze Off in Courtroom Ahead of Criminal Trial — NYT

George Santos Explains Why He’s Raised $0 for Return Congressional Bid — Daily Beast

The SCOTUS will sidestep, two-step and hokey-pokey-step their way around anything J6 as long as Thomas is on the court. Period.

TIFGB isn’t weary - he’s been super-drugged to keep him from getting thrown out of the courtroom for misbehavior.

Santos raised nothing because no one wants him. How can we miss him if he just won’t go away?

17 Likes

I think we should remind people.

Republicans were all for criminalizing abortion, maximally, before they became soft and against it.

19 Likes

“So if I was writing a bill, I’d think that 15 weeks with the limitations is where the state’s at,” he told The Hill. “I think it’s important we do what there’s consensus (for).”

This is pretty rich from the state where the legislature doesn’t give a damn about “where the state’s at” --The people of THE STATE want to restore the right to vote for felons, not if we (the legislature) can help it… as just one example.

21 Likes

Does anyone else find it ironic that all these tough macho male Republicans are so afraid of women.

But we need to start asking the anti-abortion voters, did you really put the nation and yourselves though all of this to stop less than 1% of all abortions which is exactly what a 20 week ban with exceptions for life of the mother would do?

That is as a political matter, when these politicians flip flop on an issue, we need to ask their supporters is this really why you supported this guy, so he could go back on his word to you.

18 Likes

Cooties.

19 Likes

“I think it’s important we do what there’s consensus (for).”

Right. Consensus on abortion …

2 Likes

Few things would give me more pleasure than seeing Florida pass the Abortion amendment and fire Prick Scott from the Senate…well maybe if Texas fires Rafael Cruz…that might give me more pleasure!

12 Likes

16 Likes

and blood.

2 Likes

“Be honest, we all know one or two women who have decided to abort on the delivery table”. ~*Said no one ever

But boy howdy can these GQP dine out on this canard. Why are they dying on this hill? Can’t they see what’s coming? Don’t they know that these zombie lies are about to consume them?

Sure, Trump can say these things over and over again. He’s a bullshit artist like no other. But the senators, governors and congress critters that try this are not going to make it past November, unless they are in bullet proof situations. But if women turn out in the numbers expected, lots of these characters won’t know what hit them.

13 Likes

Just a quick little spelling fix…

Its Prick Scoot.
(Or Skeletor, if that’s easier)

7 Likes

I F-ing HATE Sick Rott with a passion!! This crook should be in jail, NOT in the Senate!

I think we can take this seat though!

8 Likes

Rick Scott, a corrupt mendacious right wing extremist, will say anything to keep his Senate seat. His “political” position on abortion is whatever gets him votes. I suspect he wants a complete ban, but Scott is soulless enough to change it.

Will voters in increasingly right wing Florida see through his lies?

Honesty, who knows?

9 Likes

Scott looks like a penis wearing a necktie, and behaves like a dick!

5 Likes

boys have cooties

6 Likes

It’s hard to believe any state that elected Rick Scott as governor, reelected him to that position then sent him to the Senate is likely to correct that behavior. Florida, my state, has floated the worst to the top of its politics since Jeb. The democrats should probably look elsewhere to score.

9 Likes

Cooties were genetically engineered in chi-ya-na. But also are a hoax.

3 Likes

They might have said it about their boyfriends/husbands.

3 Likes

Nine years I’ve been a Florida retiree. Scott might be in trouble because his is so disliked. Sadly, there is no Democratic party here. Trump leads Biden in the poll by 15-points. If it is like 2020, Democrats won’t even field a candidate in 7 of the 29 House races. I’ve tried to work with the party to get out the votes, but they are so disorganized and clueless. It is sad.

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available