Rick Scott Compares Border Agents To Vietnam War Vets

Sen. Rick Scott (R-FL) deflected to a bizarre defense of Border Patrol agents on Sunday when asked about President Donald Trump’s racist tweets about Baltimore.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1238546

Dimwit cracker say what?

14 Likes

There is nothing that Rump does that a Republican POS will not defend. Vietnam vets indeed.

17 Likes

He apparently had nothing to say about the kids living in filth and degradation or about Trump’s racism and racist policies that make it so. When you’re sending Rick Scott, you’re not sending your brightest bulb.

11 Likes

People like Congressman Cummings are attacking Border Patrol agents that are trying to make America safe again. But they aren’t dealing with white people, they’re animals. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. Border Patrol agents are trying to do their job but the Democrats won’t give them carte blanche authority to shoot to kill.

Citation, please :smirk:

3 Likes

By the time I finished reading that article, I was standing on my head trying to figure which way is up. lol
Putting the name trump and Vietnam Vets in the same article is like stubbing your big toe right before you fall off the cliff…

4 Likes

Scott spouts complete and utter nonsense to avoid taking a principled position.

2 Likes

Each individual Vietnam veteran unfairly suffered more personal blame for the atrocities which resulted from the foolish strategic and political decisions of Presidents Kennedy, Johnson and Nixon, than what blame The Rump has ever personally accepted his whole life for anything whatsoever.

President Johnson accepted more personal responsibility for Vietnam by declining to run for reelection, than what the whole world today places on every ICE agent, combined.

So make that comparison, Rick Scott. Bring it.

7 Likes

Um. I don’t believe that rounding up weakened women, children and men and shoving them into cages with inadequate sanitation or anything else is the same as going to war and returning to an unhappy populace. But everybody gets to wear uniforms so I may have that wrong. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

I am a Vietnam Vet.
FUCK YOU Rich Scott and your sissy President you rode in on!

16 Likes

Chuck Todd’s confrontation with Scott was a tiny better than usual for him, but that’s a low bar. Scott lied when he said Cummings attacked Border Patrol agents. I watched Cummings’ rant: it was directed at the HHS nominee and HHS’ management of the situation, not the grunts at the very bottom of the totem pole implementing HHS policy. Todd therefore allowed Scott to get away with a false equivalence.

11 Likes

Living here in Florida I can say with some authority; This guy is an awful, awful human being, a menace, and a clown. But our senior citizens and rural counties keep electing him to office, so we have what we deserve.

9 Likes

FIFY

So That’s what’s wrong with you. I’ve been wondering.

2 Likes

Thought you knew that already.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Rep. Cummings did not attack Border Patrol agents. He excoriated the leadership of ICE for not taking responsibility for (and fixing) the deplorable, primitive conditions in the detention facilities.

You would think that Chuck Todd would have been able to make the distinction and correct Scott on his misrepresentation of the exchange.

9 Likes

Florida, these kinds of moments call for deep reflection… you elected this man knowing he was a complete piece if shit as a Governor and he would continue behaving as a craven, unethical swine as a Senator…maybe try to do better next year when it us really going to matter…again.

3 Likes

Meh, possible, but if so, it didn’t stick that you are…

download

3 Likes

Beat me to the same point and said it better and more directly. Kudos.

1 Like

I . Just . Can’t . :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Trust me, now, it sticks.

download

download

download

2 Likes