Republicans Are Up To Their Same Old Tricks On Social Security

I love rethug “reforms” for Social Security. They’ve already moved full benefits to 67 and want to move MediCare there too. Besides old farts, I’m one, their main demographic is white working class. If you sat on your ass at work, I’m one, going to 67 isn’t that big of a deal. If you do physical labor your body wears out and competing in the labor force becomes more difficult. (Ever wonder why all the guys helping you at Builders Square appear to be over 55.)

Rethug reform has already hit their constituents. When will the Ds figure out how to deliver this message.

Drop the cap and include earned interest income and all the other dodges the wealthy use. Since employers are going to scream keep the cap on their part of the payroll tax.

ETA. And return full benefits to 65.

46 Likes

Compare and contrast:

11 Likes

Why? Because money is going to ordinary people, not the uber rich.

21 Likes

As compared to the incessant press coverage of Mike Pence?

37 Likes

No worries. Kamala’s stature will improve just by sitting next to a bonafide moran tonight…although an “I’m with stupid” t-shirt would be fun.

39 Likes

Every time Rick Scott makes debt solutions, one only needs to remind him (and the voters) of:

49 Likes

Day 1, NYT - Dump Harris!!

Day 2, Biden Dumps Harris

Day 3, NYT - Dumping Harris is bad news for Biden! And would you believe, the Democrats are in disarray!

66 Likes

They hate that the money in the fund isn’t available for their Wall Street leash holders to play with as they please. They probably hate average people getting assistance when they “should” be forced to work in sweatshop conditions, too. But all that money sloshing around out of reach of the Wall Street gang is the real evil.

48 Likes

Oh, I don’t think that’ll be a problem for them. The minions are very suggestible. The GQP’ers will come up with a sure-fire way to make the loss of SS to the minions as painless as possible.

Because with the loss of SS, will also come the loss of Medicare.

So, the minions will die off. No longer a problem, right??? [/s]

8 Likes

All three of them look just thrilled to be dressed up…

8 Likes

To me the Chinese balloon seems exceedingly clumsy. Did they think we would not detect it and get the bits to reverse engineer it? And the timing sucks. Sec. Blinken was set to go to Beijing for meetings to cool our relations with China which both sides want. That trip is off for the present. China’s satellites are near as good as ours. They can read your license plate. Seems some part of the Chinese power structure isn’t talking to other parts and so balloons get launched at precisely the wrong itme.

13 Likes

I’ve never figured out how he’s still in politics and much beloved by a certain segment of the population, after having done this.

Maybe his fraud is a model for what the national GQP want to do to the two programs. I don’t know.

16 Likes

And worried to boot!

13 Likes

Did you mean Grandmother?

2 Likes

Well, the US didn’t the first few times, now, did they?

The Chinese did what worked until it didn’t. Blame TFG for that.

17 Likes

Read the article.

2 Likes

I agree. Nobody votes based on the VP - unless you somehow make it an issue, for example, by changing horses midstream. That would be a very bad idea and entirely unnecessary.

28 Likes

My pictures from that time don’t show too many smiling people. I assume that these folks didn’t spend that amount of time looking at their selfies to see how to best present themselves.
I will say my Grandfather was an animal magnet, dogs and cats all loved him.

14 Likes

Yeah, look at Pence to confirm that.

21 Likes

Democrats are in disarray about their worry and worried about their disarray.

14 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available