Republican Attacks On Wisconsin Election Officials Alarm Outside Experts | Talking Points Memo

:rofl: I guess once your CP habit gets you fired from thuh TeeVee you can’t hire competent lawyers.

Shorter: Republicans would rather cheat than win a fight.

3 Likes

From the cheese land and dairy air that brought you Sen. Joseph McCarthy.

1 Like

This. This country is truly moving straight into fascism. It has been one damn thing after another adding up now to hundreds of steps. Yet our ‘justice system’ is not effective and is complicit right up to the SC, our legislative branch can’t get voting rights passed. Unless there is mass action to disturb this fucking shit, I can’t imagine how our nation will not also fail.

OT, but is it really?

Former DOJ Official Jeffrey Clark to Plead the 5th Amendment for Crimes he Committed w/Donald Trump

In a stunning turn of events, former top Department of Justice official Jeffrey Clark indicated through his attorney that he is prepared to invoke his 5th Amendment right against self-incrimination. Here is why he undoubtedly has a right against self-incrimination for the conspiratorial crimes he committed with Donald Trump designed to corruptly overturn the result of the presidential election. Also, the fact that a former DOJ official needs to plead the 5th makes clear that the Department of Justice MUST criminally investigate one of their own former officials. To fail to do so would be a gross example of cronyism and governmental corruption.

4 Likes

Gee, What a surprise!

1 Like

Why this DINO hasn’t been beaten to death by an angry mob is beyond me.

1 Like

I know you’re being sarcastic, but I wonder if this wouldn’t actually be one of the arguments they settle on to restrict voting to the “right” people.

You forgot “common decency and civility”

5 Likes

Starting to resemble a failed State?

I think that ship sailed when Scotty was elected and it’s been downhill ever since. Now that the courts have agreed (even though it was a split decision) that the current electoral maps are ok with them, we have no hope of getting fair maps and the GQP will continue to lead the State into the morass.

5 Likes

But RoJo doesn’t think any of this happened. He really is utterly clueless and unrelentingly unsympathetic to the entire situation. The best thing that could happen is his being sent home next year and that is increasingly likely.

The damage he continues to do until then is unreal.

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more, but what do we do when the courts have recently sanctioned the current districting maps, saying they’ve withstood challenges previously in the courts and should be just fine for another ten years. This while the maps are incredibly weighted toward the GQP.

1 Like

Getting overruled by the legislature and the courts. Been a problem since he was elected and the legislature made the role largely ceremonial and removed most of the office’s powers prior to his inauguration.

The same thing will happen, should Stacy Abrams win in GA.

It hasn’t been for Evers’ lack of trying. Seriously.

3 Likes

The best thing would be for him to experience the virus personally and finally.

1 Like

What kind of organizing are you doing? Does the organization you belong to have tips about taking to the streets in order to effect necessary change?

There are people who insist on being publicly brain dead stupid RoJo is one but I have a local example I witnessed myself. Out driving on a major road here in Tucson I saw a lady driving a large SUV with two kids in the back seat (properly belted in). She had considerable crap hanging from her rear view mirror …from mirror to dash board. Also the device she had for holding her cell phone was attached to her windshield directly in front of her face such that she had to crane her neck and look around alla the shit she had in front of her face to see any of the road ahead. And this was on a 6 land road with a 50 mph speed limit. There was no way she could see out of the right half of her windshield. And space in front of her face was severely limited. This is brain dead in motion. And I am quite sure her behavior is not unique.

Hundreds of millions are ill because of trump (yes I very much blame him). 5+ million dead as well world wide and RoJo thinks it isn’t a big deal. I have news for him.

2 Likes

Well, the party needs ideas: what are yours? What’s the plan to overcome the GQPer bent of the justice system? How to overcome the fact that the GQP runs most of the states? If you have a plan to make Manchin and Sinema come to Jesus, you really need to stop being coy and tell Chuck.

Oh, wait. You mean other people need to do things while you harp upon the insufficiency of their efforts?

Are you one of the people on this board who fantasizes about martyring themselves in a hail of bullets, cursing the DNC with your dying breath?

1 Like

Start writing legislation to protect the voters and pass the John Lewis voting rights legislation for starters. Make it a Federal crime to intimidate election workers.

This could end up being our last chance. Do anything and everything you can. Biden needs to start lining up judges. AND PROSECUTE TRUMP!

1 Like

Yes.

If you want serious answers, avoid the bullshit and sarcasm. And stop with the, we’re helpless routine.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available