Republican Attacks On Wisconsin Election Officials Alarm Outside Experts | Talking Points Memo

Republican politicians are seeking to shake confidence in Wisconsin’s election system with a partisan review of the 2020 results and wild allegations of criminal wrongdoing, marking a dangerous time for democracy in the state, outside experts said Wednesday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1396646
1 Like

The North Korean spokesperson said:

“We’ve never ever envisioned going to such extreme measures as Wisconsin!”.

28 Likes

So glad that Repugnicants are ready to admit that they’d rather throw granny under the bus.

Here’s hoping that reliably voting early Denny’s dinner voting bloc kicks them squarely in the nuts in 2022.

9 Likes

Alas, the ever present danger of creeping fascism.

21 Likes

But, they constantly tell us that this is all about protecting our freedoms.

Whenever a story about Wisconsin pops up all I can think about is this article I read well over a year ago.

19 Likes

Next step: Nuremburg purity laws to determine which residents of Wisconsin are true Patriots and should be allowed to vote.

10 Likes

“It eats the poutine or it gets the stun gun!”

2 Likes

I think when they say “our freedoms” they pretty much mean “Their Freedoms.”

8 Likes

And Michael Gableman, a former state Supreme Court justice hired by legislature Republicans to conduct a partisan review of the 2020 election, implied during a state assembly hearing Wednesday that the 2020 results were the product of a grand conspiracy. “I think it’s very clear that Mark Zuckerberg’s goal was to defeat Donald Trump and elect Joe Biden.”

WTF?!

Were Bezos, Musk, and Dorsey part of the conspiracy, too?

10 Likes

Did I mention…

2 Likes

Our freedoms are their freedoms. Except we don’t get any. Because they’re theirs.

13 Likes

Their freedom to deny your freedoms.

11 Likes

I live in WI. I don’t follow the state or local papers. I don’t watch the evening news. So I am not a trustworthy interpreter. But I have lived here 30 years. Getting worse thru the 2000s and since Snott Wanker I feel that the state is completely hushed. Like after a snowfall and all sound is muffled.

All the worst of the R atrocities have happened here and not only has the state seemed helpless due to complete R control, there is no noise made about ANYTHING. The power grabs go on in silence and the human indignities that the R lege wears like a badge are unchallenged, and not even noised about. There is no buzz, or outrage, or counter-point from the L. There is no responsibility or even mild condemnation from ANY Rs. Only eerie and muffled silence that feels imposed and intentional.

36 Likes

“But we’re certainly intrigued.”

2 Likes

Thank you Justice John Roberts for putting a paycheck in the pocket of every fascist screamer in the country.

11 Likes

This is what happens when you eat too much (m)old cheese.

1 Like

WTF? what is wrong with Wisconsin? I’m convinced that Johnson was raised on a steady diet of lead paint chips and grain alcohol … from birth to last week …

13 Likes

Uh, I think I agree.

2 Likes

Wait for the blow back from pissed off women who are being told they aren’t allowed control of their own bodies. And they should be pissed off.

7 Likes

264 million cases of covid (approaching 4% of all humanity) and 5.22 million dead world wide. It’s hard to over hype this.

14 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available