Reports: Trump Had Lunch With Giuliani Amid Arrest Of Associates

President Donald Trump had lunch with Rudy Giuliani on Saturday in a show of support after two of Giuliani’s associates in his Ukraine-Biden scheme were arrested this week, according to CNN and the New York Times.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1255637
1 Like

Trying to get the story straight

57 Likes

Its Rudy. It takes a few tries.

35 Likes

Lunch followed by golf, a day well spent by two traitors.

43 Likes

A reassuring lunch with Rudy. Isn’t this what the Mafia does just before a hit?

29 Likes

" Besides the lunch, Trump has shown some support for the embattled lawyer, though he wouldn’t say on Friday whether Giuliani was still his lawyer."

" President Donald Trump had lunch with Rudy Giuliani on Saturday in a show of support after two of Giuliani’s associates in his Ukraine-Biden scheme were arrested this week, according to CNN and the New York Times."

12 Likes

Here’s a couple of cards to hand out to any tRumplibans you encounter on the inner tubes…

49 Likes

So… I guess that means that Giuliani flew out of Dulles yesterday evening with a one-way ticket…

28 Likes

Giuliani is investigating the bottom of the Hudson River?

Say it ain’t so :cry:

6 Likes

Well, that’s pretty dumb, even for these geniuses…the optics on that are just really bad. I wonder if Giuliani forced the meeting after Trump tried to distance himself on Friday; he must have enough dirt on Trump to keep him from being tossed overboard, and Trump is basically a coward and will do anything to keep power at this point.

Things sure are looking bad for Trump and the Republicans, and it’s only Sunday…

43 Likes
11 Likes

Lunch eh? Looks like Guiliani can only eat creamed corn these days. I wonder what spectacular, exotic dish they feasted upon? I mean, McConnell has first dibs on the hearts of migrant children, of course.

27 Likes

Better Giuliani should have gone to Mass and prayed for the redemption of his soul then come home and started calling criminal defense lawyers.

29 Likes

Just like the Algonquin Round Table.

But for idiots.

64 Likes

Wit, gay repartee, sparkling conversation along with sparkling wine and quietly making plans for assignations. In your dreams, bub.

14 Likes

TRUMP: Rudy , you should have put them on a private plane - what were you thinking?

30 Likes

How did this work with Rudes’ trip to Vienna, with his departing flight apparently scheduled for Thursday evening? I mean, it’s not impossible, but that’s a pretty damn tight turnaround.

11 Likes

Interesting that Ghouliani cancelled his trip to Vienna after his tools were taken into custody at the airport with one way tickets there.
Presumably, he’ll claim that a meeting with the prez’nent had precedence.

24 Likes

Exactly. “Show of support” my ass.

14 Likes

And he’s not at all concerned that running his passport at border control might trigger a sleeping indictment or anything.

20 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available