Reports: Hutchinson Received Warning Calls Trying To Pressure Her Before Testimony

I’ve seen evidence directly and indirectly for a while now that swing voters don’t want that. A few days ago I mentioned a Josh Shapiro ad I recently saw that isn’t as fiery and combative as he can be on the stump. It talks about bringing us together and moving forward. If that’s correct—I know people will howl that it isn’t—maybe we should let the other guys do emotionally satisfying counterproductive stuff, and have ourselves be the ones who play smart. Worth a try.

31 Likes

18 USC § 1512(b), a 20-year max. felony. I went looking for it thinking that it probably only applied to judicial testimony and that tampering with a congressional witness would only be misdemeanor obstruction of Congress. But nope, the witness tampering felony applies to any witness in an “official proceeding.”

Mark Meadows should probably have his lawyer give USADC a ring.

65 Likes

In the Watergate days, this is what used to be called a “non denial, denial”, more a rhetorical construct than a clear statement.

15 Likes

I saw it and thought if this is what’s needed to goose some Democrats, so be it. I called my senators’ offices and asked them about jettisoning the filibuster for abortion rights and got the most mealy-mouthed answers imaginable. I am so sick and tired of this: What are our choices now? Not take risks and lose? Or take some risks and perhaps achieve some victories? Or lose at least with some dignity? And what young person is going to be satisfied with their Democrat representative not giving them a straight damn answer? Kaine and Warner my senators, btw.

16 Likes

Yeah, I saw that too. Most Dems are more like the parents. Mansinema is definitely the Uvalde police chief though.

21 Likes

Zombie Fourth Estate continues to fucking amaze…

26 Likes

Well, you have mentioned it on TPM. That must count for something.

I tend to agree with Brynn here. If the red states were content to simply tell the blue states “we’ll go our way, you go yours”, they simply could not compete economically and would eventually be at grave disadvantage politically too. So they have to impose their will on the rest of us. It’s a matter of survival to them; such backward states will otherwise wallow in unrest and poverty. There’s no happy ending if things continue on this path. There’s always that asteroid, though.

24 Likes

The GOP doesn’t need Trump anymore and they all know it. All in for DeSantis.

17 Likes

“It’s not the crime, but it’s the cover-up”

This time, “It’s not the crime, AND it’s the cover-up”

24 Likes

Or a comet

8 Likes

Aha!

Da woim toins!
Jenkins

3 Likes

And didn’t make it to the ratlines.

4 Likes

Another relevant phrase that was popularized in the Watergate era is “plausible deniability.”

27 Likes

Mark Meadows is a known liar and Trumpy paid him $1 million. . . of course he tried to intimidate Hutchinson. Time to measure Meadows for an orange jump suit.

15 Likes

I miss the traditional striped uniforms.

18 Likes

I’m sure Ms. Hutchinson knows who called. If she does, so does the J6 Committee.
Dumbass insurrectionists have yet to realize that everything - EVERYTHING - the committee teases is already known - and they have the receipts. Liz teases witness intimidation. Insurrections all claim, “not me”. Committee plays the audio.
Snap!
That’s gonna leave a mark.

40 Likes

EPA Scientists: “See us now. or see us later, black-robed silly persons!”

ETA

“Ha Ha, there is no later, Mofos!”

33 Likes

Trump is a mobster ( a very stupid one), surrounded by equally stupid people, and this is what mobster criminals do to their “team” when the law comes calling.

20 Likes

Just ask Frankie Pentangeli’s brother…

3 Likes

Yeah. That’s a good insight.

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available