Reports: Hutchinson Received Warning Calls Trying To Pressure Her Before Testimony

Witness tampering is bad, but wire fraud, too?

I think tdfg is going down.

38 Likes

I wonder how often people who don’t know anything incriminating get messages like this. I didn’t see a warning in there not to make up easily disproved stories out of whole cloth. Seems more like the kind of crime you commit when you’re genuinely concerned about what the victim actually knows. NAL of course.

43 Likes

If you stay the course and and on our side, all the wingnut welfare that you could possibly imagine will be yours.

“What they said to me is as long as I continue to be a team player, they know I’m on the right team. I’m doing the right thing. I’m protecting who I need to protect, you know, I’ll continue to stay in good graces in Trump World.

39 Likes

No, not Democrats.

Supreme Court? Yes.

12 Likes

:joy: I think the potential wire fraud will dry those funds up real fast.

11 Likes

Maybe. I don’t expect Democrats to behave like Republicans. I would be unhappy with that. We don’t need a reactionary party and a radical party (it may come to that, though). Yet I wish they’d be much more aggressive in tone and action, but that’s me. And if they don’t, it’s not like I have another rational, strategic choice, so I accept and persevere.

40 Likes

And how would he know?

The spokesman has a live video feed of all of Meadows’ team that he continuously monitors 24/7?

9 Likes

I don’t know – I assume the spokesperson conveys what he or she is told by the boss. The fact that the boss (now identified as Meadows himself) didn’t tell the spokesperson to flatly deny the conversation ever took place, but instead to attack the account as “misleading,” speaks volumes.

27 Likes

Admitting that there was contact and it is not a stretch to conclude the message was a threat. Since her public testimony, Trump and Trumpworld has been on a tear trying to discredit Ms. Hutchinson.

. “Any phone call or message she is describing is at best deeply misleading.”

22 Likes

She beat the NBA. I bet that’s sticking in Trump’s craw.

60 Likes

It’s almost as if they think they have credibility. Not even upper level goopers would fall for that line.

7 Likes

Unless, he was the one who made the call.

2 Likes

“At worst, it was just me singing her ‘Happy Birthday’ and reciting lines from The Princess Bride”, he said.

5 Likes

My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die could be read as slightly threatening, no?

26 Likes

IOW, she recorded it, handed the recording over to the committee, and that’s sitting in evidence along with the telephone number of the caller.

46 Likes

No tweets from @markmeadows for 21 days. 🤔

— Spiro Agnew’s Ghost (@SpiroAgnewGhost) July 1, 2022
39 Likes

So threats and witness tampering, bribing witnesses are free speech for conservatives?

20 Likes

Thread (good read)…

Did I mention…

ETA: boy I wish there was a way to be yelling “I said it first, you academic bastards” on Twitter…

23 Likes

Meadows came into Congress as part of the tea party and was part of freedumb caucus leadership. He’s always been a seditious bastard. Joining tRump was all part of the shit show.

21 Likes

“Involuntary Relocation” huh?

What’s next “Baking Mishaps” and “Showering Tragedies” at the “Summer Camp Debacle”?

16 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available