Reports: Federal Giuliani Probe Involves Counterintelligence Concerns

Federal investigators looking into Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani’s foreign financial entanglements are also looking into counterintelligence issues that may have grown out of those business ventures, USA Today was first to report.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1256245

Wet drunk or dry drunk, you’re still a drunk.

15 Likes

R’uh R’oh, Rudy.

6 Likes

Pretty much anything Rudy does nowadays is counterintelligent. It’s his brand.

36 Likes

So, was Rudy stoopid enough to be played by the GRU?

Or did he willingly spy for the Kremlin?

(Asking for Julius and Ethel Rosenberg.)

44 Likes

“Giuliani has maintained that he is not aware that he is under criminal investigation.”

The first time Giuliani will know he’s under criminal investigation is when he is arrested . . .

11 Likes

Having just been thrown under the bus by the Extortionist-In-Chief, Grenade Giuliani and his Fraud Guarantee associates with all the side deals…would have counterintelligence concerns!

One can only hope that the FBI will do full investigation unlike the Kavbeernaugh WH orders partial FBI investigation!

4 Likes

The way the F’ing Moron deals with foreign enemies, I’m kinda surprised we still have a counterintelligence wing left in the FBI.

13 Likes

In the words of Our Gracious Host:

According to CNN, the federal probe into Rudy Giuliani includes a counter-intelligence
investigation. This news, if borne out, is a very big deal. It is also the least surprising
thing in the world.

20 Likes

This crew is beyond stupid. If they were smarter they might have hidden their tracks better.

2 Likes

As in most things with this bunch, I’m gonna say it’s both.

6 Likes

I know people around TPM and elsewhere have intimated this, but do you get the sense that Ghouliani is being set up as the fall guy for Dump’s Ukranian misadventure? I.e., Dump is hoping that Congress can be convinced that Dump is just a victim of Rudy’s nefariousness and that Congress (and the American people) will be happy if they can take Rudy down. It’s not an original thought on my part, but I am coming around to the wisdom and prescience of it.

11 Likes

"A person briefed on the matter told CNN that the counterintelligence portion of the probe focuses on whether foreigners tried to use Giuliani’s business ties in Ukraine to influence the White House.

Gee, ya think? Is water wet?

2 Likes

This is getting so convoluted. Something I have to say, though, is I’m somewhat comforted to know there obviously are still a fair number of good and professional career federal employees in these agencies quietly doing exactly what they were hired and trained to do. If there are any who are reading this, please know there are many of us out here who wish to express our gratitude. Thank you.

49 Likes

So, Trump will ask the public to believe a very stable genius possessed of great and unmatched wisdom can be an unwitting dupe in a plot carried out right under his nose by his friend and personal lawyer.

Seems legit.

21 Likes

Handing out presidential pardons to Americans that committed espionage for our Russian adversaries will be the ultimate act of MAGA!

ETA: Especially when they’re all associated with the Corrupter-In-Chief.

1 Like

It would be interesting to see how Congress, the courts and the electorate reacted to a President pardoning his personal lawyer for a crime.

2 Likes

Rudy very, very likely committed good old-fashioned, down home treason. He’s so deranged and reckless; it’d be entirely predictable that he ratted out the USA for his own power and enrichment…just like Trump did.

4 Likes

The existence of Rudy Giuliani IS counter intelligence.

10 Likes

Someone please tell the Bus company is that the delivery of the next bus is long overdue.

1 Like