Reports: Devin Nunes To Retire From Congress | Talking Points Memo

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) is retiring from Congress, according to multiple reports.

The San Joaquin Valley Sun, the local paper for Nunes’ district, reported that the congressman’s office had told constituents that he would depart Congress as soon as this month.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1397117
1 Like

Mooovin’ on out.

67 Likes

First out, get the sweetest private-sector gigs.

Hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa

14 Likes

Udderly good move.

That should bring the collective IQ of the GOP House up a dozen points or so.

To the mid 40’s…

46 Likes

When asked why he was retiring, Nunes explained: “I’m moooooooooving back to my family farm in Iowa and entering the dairy business.”

23 Likes

Dibs on the handle “Devin Nunes’ Mom’s Cow” on the new Trumpy social media network!

28 Likes

in his letter to constituents, saying that he was leaving to follow a “new opportunity to fight for the most important issues I believe in.”

Still all about him, his issues and his opportunities, blah blah, and blah.

9 Likes

Well, Devin Nunes did retire from the human race and common decency a long, long time ago, so this move makes sense. On to griftin’ on a different scale and in a different way.

13 Likes

What kind of a sociopath is going to come out of that district to replace Nunes?

7 Likes

I guess the cows do come home now and then.

36 Likes

Cowed into retirement was he….

35 Likes

I think we should all applaud that upward mobility in our society also applies to bovines. He’s really broken the grass ceiling.

39 Likes

He has to dedicate more time for frivolous lawsuits.

13 Likes

I’ve waiting a long time to post this bit of frivolity.

28 Likes

Fox News’s Jacqui Heinrich said on Twitter that Nunes would instead take the helm a new Trump media organization — “a job offer that he can’t refuse.”

36 Likes

Scary thing is, the way the GQP is trending, his successor could be even more deranged.

8 Likes

Ladies and Gents, the new CEO of DWAC! :rofl:

5 Likes

Reported redistricting has it at D+5

So whoever comes out of there, their stay is temporary.

Edited

26 Likes

I think this means Gavin Newsome gets to name a temporary replacement, right?

1 Like

So Luca Brasi said either his signature or his brains would be on the contract?

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available