Report: Trump Wants His Signature On Direct Payment Checks From Coronavirus Package

George W. Bush did the same thing when giving taxpayers “rebates” on Clinton’s wonderful treasury buildup. I’m sure Trump will do the same, and it will be as gross as it was then.

22 Likes

I recall he was fined $150,000 by the local government for some code violation. He asked them if he could donate the money to a charity. They naively agreed.
He took the money from his “Trump foundation” (which was money donated by someone else) to pay his fine. Quite the philanthropist.
This is the same shit.

21 Likes

If things continue as they are there could be 100,000 dead by late April. And trump will still lie and call it a flu or some other bullshit excuse.
This man axed the office of preparedness on pandemics that was in the National Security Council by saying “all they do is sit around and collect checks”. That was 2018. We also had people in more than 40 countries watching for emerging epidemics. Trump fired 2/3rds of them
His excuse is Obama “left him a broken system”. This is willful and deliberate MURDER.

36 Likes

He needs to sign all the death certificates first.

.ETA… seven minutes late …

6 Likes

I’d love to see Elizabeth Warren and others turned loose to fix these issues after the election.

19 Likes

Convince him he has to sign the checks individually. He won’t have time to infest the press briefings for a week or two.

13 Likes

Is the autopen capable of reproducing the amplitude of his scribbles?

3 Likes

They’ll be quickly endorsed and cashed or deposited. Tellers will get tired of looking at the spikey scrawl, but it’s not like people will hang on to the checks or display them.

Only Trump will be impressed.

3 Likes

GM is building a new machine that’ll do it!

5 Likes

I think he should sign each check individually. Then he could do something actually productive with his remaining time, and his remaining time would be spent doing something actually productive.

5 Likes

Steve Mnuchin said the checks would arrive within three weeks.

“We’ll see what happens.”

14 Likes

Beat me to it.

1 Like

Are you saying that the check is in the mail?

7 Likes

Good that I am not getting any. It would be a shame if I had to burn it.

6 Likes

Only trump would put his illegible scrawl on something he knows nothing about. Short of trying to heist some of the government money he could care less what this is about.

1 Like

If I get a check with Donny Dumbfucks name on it, I’m endorsing it pay to the order of Joe Biden’s campaign and mailing it right back out again.

22 Likes

I say fine, let his signature be on the checks. If he signs each and every one individually. That should keep him busy and reduce the number of clusterfucks per day from the White House.

6 Likes

Okay. Put the outrage to use. Call and email your elected reps and senators. Complain to your local news media. Gripe publically to anyone you associate (at a good distance) with. Send complaints to the national media.

Make some noise. Trump is a typical bully - if you confront him, he backs down.

6 Likes

Hiow can I say this any more loudly??

remove trump from office…now or 15%-25% of us will die this year.

Then again it probably is too late to stop the worst

18 Likes

You know, I wonder if some feral trumpers will not want to cash it but keep it (framed?) because it has their Leader’s personal signature on it? Yes, I realize it would be crazy but what times are we living in?

@darrtown Thank you for reposting that most excellent screed by @irasdad. It’s great.

12 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available