Report: Trump Wants His Signature On Direct Payment Checks From Coronavirus Package

President Donald Trump reportedly wants his own personal touch on the assistance checks from the $2.2 trillion relief package.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1300255
1 Like

Well now, who could have expected that little bit of company branding? With 105,000 cases we are so number one. It wants its name on the virus too.

37 Likes

This is a shrug for me. Most people won’t even get checks, but direct deposit. Of the few that do get checks, how many people actually look at the signature?

23 Likes

If anything, the checks should be co-signed by Mr. Schumer and Madame Pelosi.

25 Likes

If I get a check at all (I am retired) and if I could block out that signature and still cash it I will scrub that name
I am not female but the sentiment holds true

13 Likes

His thinking is that every little bit helps.

And it does.

13 Likes

Beware…you might get Trump cooties or worse Covidiot-45 virus!

Not only does he want his jarring signature or his name on anything and everything BUT now he wants to ignore Congress Oversight on the Covid Relief Billions…by using the BIGLY word “HORTATORY” and not mandatory!

AND Covidiot-In-Chief is busy…attacking the media, asking them to name sources.

ME: You name your sources first John Barron, David Dennison, John Miller!

27 Likes

I assume there will be a letter sent, even to those receiving direct deposit, with his paw-prints all over it?

19 Likes

If it comes out of his personal account, that would be fine with me.

22 Likes

A Rant by @irasdad aptly states how I feel about that Clear and Present Danger occupying the White House.
… … … … …
"And I feel it all over again now, as another plague scythes down people around us, while an apathetic jackass dithers and fumbles and play acts at President – with blood on his hands – and half the country makes excuses for his plain-to-see lunacy, not even believing themselves that he has any more sense than a toddler with a loaded handgun.

Madness – heart-breaking, rage-inducing, soul-crushing madness – enabled and abetted by a death cult of GOP governors and voters and Fox-spewing idiots who value “Stick it to the Libz!” more than their own pathetic, loser lives – let alone those of their own parents and children.

/endRant"

49 Likes

He’ll find a way to have his name included there, too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11 Likes

Admit it, more than half the country wishes this asshole would catch the virus and…And just “dissolve.”

17 Likes

I just want him to sign his name to every COVID-19 death certificate.

48 Likes

Campaign finance violations - here we come! Using federal money to promote his re-election is still a crime.

(And I thought the CDC mailers were bad…)

33 Likes

That’s the media’s job.

6 Likes

Well, why not? I always get a laugh when Trump attempts to make an ‘X’.

7 Likes
1 Like

Our campaign-finance laws are a bad joke.

And what passes for “enforcement” makes the bad joke even badder.

21 Likes

How 'bout I go out in the street and yell it as loud as I can?

3 Likes

Only if he signs all the death certificates.

24 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available