Report: Trump Throws Sidney Powell Under The Bus — Again | Talking Points Memo

Sidney Powell has once again found herself down on her luck.

President Trump reportedly informed Powell, who was fired by the Trump campaign following an off-the-rails press conference last month where she peddled bonkers conspiracy theories about the election, on Monday that he isn’t planning to tap her as “special counsel” to probe baseless claims of widespread voter fraud, according to the Daily Beast.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1350650
1 Like

Sidney Powell has once again found herself down on her luck.

Sort of.

She’s lucky she hasn’t been disbarred.

53 Likes

Did he accuse her yet of eating the strawberries?

33 Likes

“People are saying it’s because she refused a direct suggestion from the President that she dye her hair blonde and drop a few pounds.”

29 Likes

Sydney’s new back tattoo:

nc13

25 Likes

Yet.

27 Likes

Sidney Powell is a bad person. I regret that I am unable to wish her good tidings nor can I muster a Happy Holidays for her during this auspicious time of the year.

If there is not enough coal being mined anymore, than I wish for LNG in her Christmas stocking.

23 Likes

The Trumpworld figures urged Trump to push Powell aside and turn his focus to other long-shot efforts to challenge election results.

Phew! He’s listening to the clinically insane instead of the frothing-at-the-mouth lunatics. This is…reassuring?

32 Likes

I think you pretty much have to commit a felony to get disbarred these days. Being batshit crazy won’t do it. If it would, Rudy would have been handed his papers long ago. Now if she’d spouted off her conspiracy theories in a courtroom, that might do it, but both she and Rudy have been very careful to avoid doing that.

14 Likes

Reheat the Kraken!

35 Likes

Well he still has Gohmert, Gaetz and Giuliani.

14 Likes

Does that mean he’s going with Michael Flynn military coup scenario? I mean, what else is there?

15 Likes

She’ll be back next week. Nobody better is applying for the job.

24 Likes

Being loyal is easy when somebody is nice to you. Sydney is standing by as her man tosses her under a bus. That is one loyal kraken!

13 Likes

I’m surprised they haven’t made a movie out of it yet. Maybe it will be the title of a documentary about the Trump years.

10 Likes

Well, no wonder Rudy’s a little uptight these days.

47 Likes

I expect more frivolous lawsuits. Apparently they’re as bottomless as Sunday brunch mimosas.

9 Likes

A Confederacy of Crazies!!! Bat Shit Crazies!!! Certified!!!

11 Likes

[Trump] isn’t planning to tap her as “special counsel” to probe baseless claims of widespread voter fraud

(a) Working on baseless claims is not the highest and best use of her skills, or
(b) Working on baseless claims is beyond her skill set.

Only Rudy knows for sure.

5 Likes

President Trump reportedly informed Powell… on Monday that he isn’t planning to tap her…

Chiselin’ Trump: “I only tap tens.”

5 Likes