Report: Trump Suggested Sending American COVID Victims To Guantanamo Early In Pandemic

A raven drunk…

2 Likes

Sheesh. Get him to do the California Zephyr run over the Rockies or so. Short trip either way, even on the full run only a couple of overnights. Nothing like the friends you can make in the lounge car on a long run.

1 Like

Thank you for that excellent synopsis of the clash of science and religion. At its heart is the fear of religionists who desire a solid, knowable, unchangeable view of reality vs the scientists whose premise is to allow for flexibility and open-mindedness in order to get closer to the truth.

Most of my friends and relatives are believers. They receive much comfort from the fiction that there is an omnipotent being who watches and guides their every move, and whose motivations they know with certainty. Many are frankly afraid of a world without a god. So afraid, they will fight and kill to preserve the fantasy.

4 Likes

I think his unearthly skin color is more likely due to the fact he’s a bloodless automaton (with an inappropriately high squeaky voice - derelict design).

1 Like

There is a God, and the fucked-up way life goes is solid proof that She has a twisted and demented sense of humor.

I heard he was sent because he missed the carriage and his dad was annoyed at that.

1 Like

Some people are saying that he was jealous because the baby had bigger hands than he did

1 Like

Everyone’s being pretty presumptuous, but it seems to me that the most logical position would be that God would be signing emails with “they/them/their.”

I think this is a “both/and” call not an either/or.

1. Even after the first case had been diagnosed in WA, the CDC still required recent travel to China to get tested - blinding themselves to the possibility of community spread within WA.

2. After weeks of asking permission and getting no where, Helen Chu went ahead and tested (in house) her samples from the Seattle flu study. Her lab is not licensed to do patient care, so she was prohibited for reporting the results to the patients who tested positive. She got her IRB to conclude the obvious: yes, tell them anyway

3. The CDC - who still couldn’t process all the tests that even it’s limited rules allowed fast enough to stop onward transmission- had a fit and told her to cease and desist.

So yes, the feds failed to step in and clear the red tape, but they also actively hindered Dr Chu’s lab

ETA: threading fail, meant to be a reply to @karlwlewis and @yskov

3 Likes

You’re not kidding!

1 Like

Rewatched “Dude, Where’s My Car” not too long ago, wasn’t too bad if you’re a silly person (hint: I am…)

2 Likes

Pretty sure they took that right after she’d helped TFG with his morning makeup…

2 Likes

Probably the Minister of the Ministry of Silly Walks by now, stepping over the crocodiles while dodging the stray kangaroo will do that.

Or simple incontinence from excessive Canadian “maple syrup”.

2 Likes

Well, can’t confirm nor deny the cover that @rascal_crone currently provides, but I do confess that this is the actual T-Shirt I’m wearing as I type this…

6 Likes

Years before rump was associated with politics the scuttlebutt was that he was a poor little rich boy who hit the lottery when his dad left him with money and Manhattan commercial real estate. So there were people who had this guy’s number in the early 2000’s. To me, it was celebrity gossip. Who knew?

2 Likes

Shit. A Netherlands fan for Euro 2020

1 Like

There’s a famous quote by a guy who was an actual for-real wheel in Manhattan real estate. It goes like this: “I’m a billionaire. He’s a clown who lives on credit.” He’s been trying and failing to prove that wrong all of his life.

2 Likes

Australia’s Funniest Home Video of @playitagainrowlf doing his Roger Moore 007 impersonation:

“Here…hold my Foster’s!”

Mind you, the kangaroo was quite distracting.

1 Like

Ahhh, good times!

But seriously - Fosters? I mean, it was created by a couple of Yanks way back in the 1800’s and we only started pushing that shit as Aussie beer as a joke on all the Yanks mooching off us while saving Australia in WW2 - I mean, they were drinking all the real beer!

To be clear, it’s Carlton Draft for me, mate.

So, Obligatory Australian Beer Joke:

"So a Yank, a condescending Pommie bastard and an Aussie walk into a bar. Trying to play nice, the Yank orders a Fosters, the condescending Pommie bastard also tries to play nice for once, so he orders a Fosters, too. The barkeep looks at the Aussie, who says to him “I’ll have a glass of water”.

The other two look surprised, so the Aussie explains - “Look, if you two bastards ain’t gonna order a beer, neither will I!”

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available