Report: Trump Suggested Sending American COVID Victims To Guantanamo Early In Pandemic

Then-President Donald Trump offered a horrifying solution to the burgeoning COVID-19 infections among American tourists returning to the country in February last year, according to the Washington Post.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1378446
1 Like

Of course he did.

44 Likes

Gitmo could have been TFG’s Saint Helena-- sometime last October.

A missed opportunity for sure!

18 Likes

And we would have allowed millions to die if he could blame someone else for it. Instead, we only lost about a million, if you account for excess deaths not directly reported as COVID-induced, and where R governors like in Florida and Texas cooked the books to make themselves and Trump look better.

46 Likes

Trump should of went to GITMO for treatment when he contracted covid-19 in October 2020.

24 Likes

This is what happens when you elect a president whose main qualification is he hates who you hate.

61 Likes

Might be kinda cool in the morning if all you had to choose from to wear was this orange jumpsuit, or that other orange jumpsuit. Strikes one bothersome task off the checklist.

7 Likes

It’s almost as if Trump was brain-damaged, and had the basic reasoning skills of a mean-spirited three year old.

63 Likes

“staff shut down the idea due to concerns over political backlash.”

Not because it was was cruel or unscientific or lacking in any decency or common sense.

81 Likes

Three’s about right.

7 Likes

Trump and his GQP orcs can deny this all they want but this is exactly the kind of thing that Fat Ass would think of doing, like drinking Clorox and shoving a blacklight up your ass.

33 Likes

It makes sense, in Gitmo they had all the experience needed, they could just waterboard the patients with disinfectant and send UV up their tailpipes, and the guys would be cured in minutes.

9 Likes

Trump had autocratic, fascist, heartless instincts. We knew that. He confirmed that fact before, he continues to confirm that fact. We know that. For some people it just doesn’t sink in. Those people are deplorable. We also knew that.

37 Likes

When I was a kid, I went to see Woody Allen’s “Bananas.” I didn’t understand just what a sharp political satire it was, being a kid. But I got that that the rebel leader was insane, which was made clear in his first speech after becoming dictator. In that speech, he demanded that everyone must now change their underwear every 30 minutes, and to make sure they did it, underwear would now be worn on the outside of clothing. Now I read Trump’s rantings and I think, "Jesus, we elected that cartoon lunatic from a Woody Allen movie.

24 Likes

Oh, how you flatter!

5 Likes

I guess this is his ‘24 campaign’s infrastructure week.

3 Likes

able was I ere I saw elba

The only thinking more backwards than Trump

7 Likes

And he knew that tests reveal things, like that you’re stupid. Hence the erasing of all his school records. Making stuff go away has always been his solution. Eventually he would have made all of us go away.

12 Likes

He’s the poster child for “That boy must have been dropped on his head at birth”. Etymologists note usage of the phrase dates to 1946.

12 Likes

Actually we elected Tommy Udo.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available