Report: Trump Recorded Telling Parnas And Fruman To ‘Take Her Out’ About Yovanovitch | Talking Points Memo

Some days I just can’t see a future for this country. We are such a deep hole I am losing hope.

7 Likes

This.

1 Like

The mystery here is why couldn’t/didn’t Trump just have his Secretary of State Simply recall the Ambassador? It wouldn’t have been the easiest thing to do.

17 Likes

Stop losing hope.

The fact is that America is YOU. It’s you and me and all the other Americans who live here. It is not the Senate. It isn’t Congress or the President.

It’s us. If you lose hope you are dooming us.

35 Likes

This!

Parnas is an agent for Ukranian interests. “Take her out” said to Yovanovitch’s boss might be harmless, but Parnas is not her boss. Combine this with Trump’s statement she would “go through some things,” and with the fact that Parnas was getting real time updates on her whereabouts, and this looks sinister.

40 Likes

It will add to the pile of evidence that she was an obstacle to the “drug deal,” but I wouldn’t put too much emphasis on the mob language implying a physical threat.

That could change, if it turns out the landscaper dude wasn’t just spinning fantasies about having her under close surveillance, but I think it’s enough to show Trump’s state of mind regarding her as an obstacle to his pressure campaign for a Biden investigation announcement.

And yeah, it would be great to have the tape played during the trial if it can get past a ruling by Roberts or a Senate vote to block it. Get Collins on record saying what she thinks it meant.

3 Likes

Amen. Also, the specter of four more years.

And she had the courage to defy them all to testify - the first one. Questionable if any would have followed if she hadn’t had the guts.

16 Likes

You know, I hadn’t thought much about how the GOP senators must feel about the possibility of defending that piece of pig-eyed shit for another 4 years.

hahahahaha I bet they’d rather have their eyes put out with knitting needles. hahahahahahaha But they’ll do it if they’re told to. What a bunch of idiots!

22 Likes

I see your point, but what I ask is: If this bit if evidence had not come out, would the overall case against Trump, as outlined in the two impeachment articles be substantially less robust? Would the case fall apart without it? I don’t think so.

6 Likes

Not in a direct way. But it speaks to his incredibly bad character, to his recklessness, to his mental immaturity and inappropriateness for any position of responsibility, to the aura of constant near-violent antagonism and paranoia, to a general chaotic state that could lead to any number of bad outcomes. Fallows and a number of people said at some similar juncture a few months ago that if you had a CEO carrying on like this the board would meet and fire him and not waste any time over it.

34 Likes

Yes, I think about it a lot. It’s one thing to “acquit” him if this was it. But then they’re going to go out and campaign for MORE? And of course, none of them will campaign with him. It’s truly astounding how low they’ve gone here.

11 Likes

What makes me seriously want to puke is that everyone really was in the loop. Giuliani, Fruman, Parnas…they’re cheap goons in expensive suits who are astonishingly low rent henchman for a president of the United States.

But what about all the supposedly “respectable” people with official status around Trump? Every damned one of them has to have known how the head goon was talking. Trump doesn’t edit himself. And Trump was allowed to just keep rolling along.

There are other drug deals. I’m sure of it. Many different varieties of them.

ETA: @mattinpa And your statement two above here is beyond perfect. There it is. The absolute truth of who this cheap thug really is, and expressed with a grace that his banality does not merit. That grace is only yours.

23 Likes

Not denying that it is Trump using mobster talk on the recording. It took a year of smears to finally,“take her out,” but mission accomplished. This was a terrible response to the existence of a/v evidence that he had no interest in fighting corruption. She remains a highly respected ambassador and member of the foreign service.

10 Likes

This speaks to Schiff’s point about why all of these “underlings” - i.e., Vindman, Taylor, etc. - were willing to testify but their bosses were not.

8 Likes

Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest?

7 Likes

I’ll just leave this here… A whole bunch of people around russiagate have ended up six feet under. Of COURSE trump was threatening to make her the next one.

15 Likes

Wasn’t there another president who had a shadowy group of third-rate goons working on private projects for him? They were called some sort of funny name like The Electricians or The Roofers.

26 Likes

Hydrologists!

14 Likes

In this interview Pompeo could not or would not name a single time where he defended Marie Yovanovitch. Pompeo refused to testify and refused to turn over documents.

16 Likes

Lindsey says that Trump in his mind thinks that he did not say anything wrong. He just wanted her out - of the shithole - and be brought here so he could grab her by the pussy.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available