Report: Trump Recorded Telling Parnas And Fruman To ‘Take Her Out’ About Yovanovitch | Talking Points Memo

President Trump was recorded telling two buddies of Rudy Giuliani’s that he wanted Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch fired in April 2018, ABC reports.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1286700

A lovely way to start a Friday.

30 Likes

“Fake news!”

11 Likes

He tells people to “Take out” US ambassadors all the time, can’t expect him to remember this one case.

47 Likes

Oops.

2 Likes

Again another example of Trump being a fucking coward and not personally able to fire anyone, even though all he had to do was pick up the phone and talk to Mikey Petty PompousAss to have her recalled. That’s it, pick up the phone and make a simple call.

61 Likes
70 Likes

It’s things like this, though perhaps not adding much to the overall body of evidence against Trump, that will give the GOP senators cause for concern as the allegations against Trump become more and more a certainty. And the trial is not over yet. And these sorts of revelation will continue to burst forth over time like the repeating apparition of an ill-natured poltergeist.

60 Likes

“On a date…on a date, Trump meant”

16 Likes

Who among us has not, at one time, ordered two rotund lackeys to “take out” a US Ambassador?

65 Likes

Something like this would do it. Something like this would turn the country against him.

This fat bastard playing tough - a 2 x 4 and 1 minute please.

3 Likes

Parnas seems to be the grift that keeps on giving.

37 Likes

Shhh I’m working on that for Scott Brown as we speak, no one in NZ deserves that.

4 Likes

Isn’t “Take her out!” mobster lingo for murder?

57 Likes

But here’s all the MAGA crowd will hear and repeat all weekend: “She’s basically walking around telling everybody ‘Wait, he’s gonna get impeached, just wait,” Parnas reportedly added.

So he was nipping in the bud the Democratic conspiracy to remove him from office, etc., etc., ad nauseum.

Still good stuff for those of us who remain in the reality-based community.

14 Likes

Wow. Obligatory statement that I realize that the Senate GOP is basically immune from facts or conscience. But wow.

30 Likes

Is you “take her out” the new she works at the pleasure of me the president?

20 Likes

GOP when presented with evidence of a threat on the ambassador - well she didn’t get knocked off and look she has a cushy job at George Town.

24 Likes

Especially two lackeys we don’t even know.

31 Likes

Lordy, I think there are tapes.

40 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available