Report: Trump Recorded Telling Parnas And Fruman To ‘Take Her Out’ About Yovanovitch | Talking Points Memo

GOP when presented with evidence of a threat on the ambassador - well she didn’t get knocked off and look she has a cushy job at George Town.

24 Likes

Especially two lackeys we don’t even know.

31 Likes

Lordy, I think there are tapes.

40 Likes

Get the tape and play it in the Senate chamber on endless loop.

And then get the pike out.

But not for the Senators.

23 Likes

Their argument would be that Yovanovich is still alive. Stevens isn’t. So their outrage over Benghazi and their ennui over Ukraine are both justified.

8 Likes

One thing is for certain 2020 is going to be back to back hammering on Trump, Republicans, and the administration. This shit ain’t going away.

I will be doing my part.

51 Likes

Hard swipe left.

9 Likes

OMG. Using goons to fire a U.S. Diplomat…he is beyond dangerous. This would make a powerful ad for Graham’s opponent in Nov. as well as all the other GOPers running for re-election.

32 Likes

Longtime reader and Prime member here who has to object to this headline. Read by itself, which is of course how anyone begins to consider an article and how it’s presented on the TPM landing page, it clearly suggests Trump said they should kill Yovanovitch. We’d all know what “take her out” meant if it was a quote from a known mobster. Even an unintentional suggestion that this was Trump’s instructions, and that it was recorded, shows poor editorial judgement. Bad choice here, TPM.

5 Likes

“Get rid of her!” a voice that appears to be Trump’s reportedly said on the recording. “Get her out tomorrow. I don’t care. Get her out tomorrow. Take her out. Okay? Do it.”

Sounds like a line from the Sopranos or Goodfellas.

30 Likes

I think this is Fruman. Which makes it interesting, because so far Fruman has not been talking to the press or leaking. So either he’s decided to start, or there is a leak in SDNY?

21 Likes

But Mom, SHE started it!

3 Likes

They couldn’t fire her - how could they fire her? She didn’t work for Giuliani and “associates”.

15 Likes

I’m thinking of the recent reports that she was being watched or tracked, the Calluwe reports?

4 Likes

I complain about headlines plenty but in this case they were quoting what he said.

“Get rid of her!” a voice that appears to be Trump’s reportedly said on the recording. “Get her out tomorrow. I don’t care. Get her out tomorrow. Take her out. Okay? Do it.”

It should be shown that he is using mob language to two goons, thats fucking important.

44 Likes

In what remains of what we’ll laughingly call his mind, he’s the ultimate mob chieftain; he says do this and that, and it’s done, and preferably it’s couched in crude, violent terms so people know what a tough guy he is. We’ve heard too little of his career-long mob connections, although I assure you it was out there (yes, in the perfidious media) all along. But we sure have heard the crude, violent ideation. Sickening.

61 Likes

And she was taken out. The whistleblower is the only one with any courage in the whole wide waste of this administration.

39 Likes

“Anyone who knows me, knows I am the greatest romantic in the history of the world. Nobody more romantic. Clearly, ‘take her out’ meant that our lovely ambassador should be wined and dined…feted even…as a reward for her hard work protecting our national security and promoting my foreign policy goals…”

15 Likes

Disagree. This directly ties Trump to Parnas and Furman, whom he claimed he never met, and furthers the argument that Parnas should be called to testify as a relevant witness.

38 Likes

why not them too?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available