Report: Trump Had Secret WH Meetings In Days Before Insurrection, Grisham Told Jan. 6 Panel

Former White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham shared some new details of what ex-President Donald Trump was up to pre-Capitol insurrection with the House Jan. 6 Select Committee during her interview in early January, according to the Guardian.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1402079
2 Likes

Secret meetings, eh? With a bunch of backstabbing jackles and shit talkers? Did anyone make a secret recording? First to leak it gets a deal.

45 Likes

I’m shocked to find that a president who openly talked about overturning an election also talked in secret about overturning an election.

83 Likes

Lordy, I hope there are tapes.

58 Likes

When it was reported earlier this month that Grisham and others were huddling to discuss how to stop Trump 2.0, I didn’t consider this. Not only did she reveal these off-record meetings, but she put long-time Trump employee Harleth in the panel’s sights. Apparently, Trump tried to fire Harleth when he tried to stay on at the Biden White House. When the panel calls him in, he’s going to remember that.

71 Likes

I hope Mr. Meadows has a ‘safe house’…

11 Likes

Let’s say for the sake of argument that Trump knew about plans to invade the Capitol, as an option discussed during these meetings.

Notwithstanding how such knowledge might have affected the impeachment outcome (2nd impeachment), but might Trump himself be charged with sedition?

30 Likes

I can hardly wait for the public hearings. Between the insurrection investigation and the legal jeopardy surrounding his business practices, tfg and his spawn should finally be held accountable for the evil they’ve practiced their entire lives. Prison time is more than appropriate.

I’ll give Barron a pass, in fact he has my sympathy.

32 Likes

I’d like to see some of Trump’s Secret Service detail put under oath.

72 Likes

Oath Keepers’ seditious conspiracy activities didn’t happen in a vacuum, so….

24 Likes

I don’t. In fact, I hope he has a glass house.

Also, just a reminder that nooses are designed to tighten and, as Martha Stewart would say, “It’s a good thing.”

32 Likes

Depending on how loyal he was to Trump, he might be there to serve other purposes. I can’t imagine anyone thinking he should stay on.

20 Likes

The Guardian makes it sound like he just really wanted to keep the cushy job. That said, a smart wannabe dictator would have encouraged him to pursue the position. But we’re talking about Trump, where narcissism trumps all.

17 Likes

Barron, is that you?
Just joshin’.
But seriously, he may actually tell us something some day his old man didn’t think he was paying attention to.
Anyone remember the old TV movie “What the Deaf Boy Heard?”
Something similar could always happen, maybe the lad is on to the truth and he’s one of us who considers his narcissistic forbearer a total bore.
Someday he might work for Comedy Central.
Wouldn’t that be precious.

9 Likes

Meadows strangely kept texts and notes, soooooooooo…

37 Likes

It’s a good thing this is all fake news generated by the deep state to conceal the obvious fact that the election was stolen by baby-eating Satanists. Otherwise TDFFFG might be in some real trouble.

19 Likes

Are you tellin’ me that DJT betrayed his oath of office to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States? Shocking! Shocking, I tell ya!! …sigh…

12 Likes

This would be so amazing.

4 Likes

The noose is tightening, isn’t it…?

10 Likes

This is why you always treat janitors and other service personnel with dignity and respect.

52 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available