Report: Trump Had Secret WH Meetings In Days Before Insurrection, Grisham Told Jan. 6 Panel

As I read it, Harleth was apparently too nice (“sucking up”) to the Biden team after the win.

Probably thought he might get to stay in his cool job if he was obsequious enough.

9 Likes

When Putin launched his buffoon I am sure he had no idea just how successful he would be at bringing down the US. He must LHAO every day.

35 Likes

I’m guessing Meadows took written notes and made phone recordings. He has certainly showed a penchant for incriminating himself and his co conspirators thus far.

20 Likes

It seems the noose is tightening on an hourly basis.

More please.

40 Likes

So they weren’t hatched in T*****'s brain?

12 Likes

That stuff is likely part of the document trove he didn’t turn over to the Committee. And figured he’d covered his tracks.

But possibly the reason for the freak out when he found out they were getting his cellphone metadata. That likely hooks him to all those players and now he’s screwed even worse.

40 Likes

“…Trump held off-the-books meetings at the White House that apparently only a few staffers knew about…”

And people didn’t think he had a legitimate excuse for not having a vaccine rollout plan in effect.

8 Likes

Yeah. The full professors always got huffy when I pointed that out during space allocation negotiations. Usually right after I nixed their plans for a giant, custom made, exotic wood meeting table stuffed with every electronic gadget one could imagine.

14 Likes

“how the White House and the Secret Service coordinated plans with the organizers of the pre-insurrection rally”

Holy cow! How was the Secret Service involved? This makes President Biden’s move to immediately replace all the SS agents serving (heh) the former guy seem even smarter.

25 Likes

Boy, won’t Machinenema be embarrassed when all TFG indictments hit the fan, and they realize they chose the wrong side?

Probably not, unless the RNC can claw back the bribe money.

11 Likes

The “secret meetings” weren’t held in the White House Bunker?

3 Likes

After a year, the Dems have likely squandered the opportunities public hearings would have afforded. On top of that, it’s just as likely that there will be foolish questions by foolish Dem. grandstanders asked of foolishly chosen witnesses. It’s going to be excruciating to watch, so I plan to look away and read about it on TPM.

4 Likes

To paraphrase Shakespeare, “Methinks the fat fascist doth project too much.”

8 Likes

AG Merrick Garland.

AKA “The Bunker Buster”.

8 Likes

No real reason to believe that Harleth was or is any sort of MAGA. Long time in the hospitality industry, worked in the Mandarin Oriental before going to work at the trump international hotel. Previous folks in the Chief Usher role have crossed administrations, it’s not necessarily partisan.

Sure, there was speculation that the Bidens wouldn’t keep him on, but the way he was fired just that morning has always been a bit suspicious. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if he’s got a bit of a chip on his shoulder over it.

27 Likes

Not to mention tired of working for Trump.

7 Likes

Yeah, isn’t that like saying the loud part quietly?

2 Likes

Because that’s the way he was told to be with Trump? Look where that got him. ETTD.

3 Likes

WHOOP, there it is!

One wonders how else the TFG Admin violated the Presidential Records Act.

Thank goodness he pissed off dozens of his employees, so that they would now tell the truth on him.

23 Likes

Yeah, I also think he was just enamored of the job (title).

But he wasn’t seen as loyal enough to FatAss after that, so off with his head. Perhaps he’ll be singing soon…

12 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available