Report: Trump Advisers Prep To Shield POTUS If Economy Reopening Results In More Deaths

President Donald Trump’s advisers are reportedly gearing up to spread the blame if the President’s plan to jumpstart the economy by May 1 amid the COVID-19 pandemic crashes and burns and results in the loss of additional American lives.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1304006

Actual news report or The Onion Strikes Again? You decide…

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (‘R’) on Tuesday defended the decision to label World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) and other professional sports as “essential services” amid the coronavirus pandemic, saying that people were “starved for content.” “People are chomping at the bit,”

32 Likes

Oh, bigly “more deaths” are coming Donnie, right to the heart of your deplorable base…

26 Likes

Who could have possibly predicted…

25 Likes

“Do it! Go back to work. Go shopping. Go to the football game. I recomend you do these things in my name. But if you die, it’s not my fault.”

34 Likes

Not the Onion

5 Likes

Blaming others before they even do anything. It’s the way of the Party of Responsibility.

Fucking idiots and the people who vote for them can all rot in the cold, cold ground.

18 Likes

“I alone can fix it.”
“I am not responsible”
This dichotomy should make heads explode. That it does not is proof there is no God…or Dog (for my dyslexic friends).

15 Likes

So they want to make sure the buck stops multiple places.

Pathetic dangerous beings.

4 Likes

Why don’t we just let it wash over the country?

This is what’s in his head. From the beginning it had all the signs of being one of those immovable Trump thoughts. They are formulating policy around it. This is the centerpiece.

24 Likes

“Yes, touching the hot tea kettle is a bad idea, but if we can get the dog to go along with us on it, to spread the blame, I think we can go ahead as planned.” - Advisor to President Donnie, age 2, on administration’s plan to retrieve the exciting whistley thing from the back of the stove.

11 Likes

Header rewrite

Trump Advisers Prep To Betray Their Country…Again

23 Likes

Has not worked so far and they expect that to change just because they spit into the wind, crossed their fingers and xxxxxxxxxxx…fuckers are clueless.

6 Likes

“…and I will blame you. You fucked up–you trusted me.”

8 Likes

This from the man who told a COVID survivor in his office yesterday to “please get away from me and stay far away.”

18 Likes

He would cheerfully trade 2% (6 million) dead for the virus being over by november.

16 Likes

I’m sure he would – though I don’t think it will work the way he thinks it will.

9 Likes

Come on woman. This isn’t even remotely true:

“Trump backed away from that claim on Tuesday night…”

he gave his permission for them to decide. Doing that implied he still asserts he has total authority. Listen to words.

4 Likes

Can’t decide if this or when he asked the Yazidi woman where are her parents, just after she told him that ISIS had killed them.

10 Likes

OT. The other day I read that Trump is tired of watching 14 year old baseball games so he wants the country opened up again. Obama and Clinton were probably too busy to watch many games; they took the presidency seriously. Lots to read when you are President.

12 Likes