Report: State Dept Quietly Released Ukraine Aid At Bolton’s Orders

The Government Accountability Office (GAO) is investigating the withholding.

7 Likes

Do Americans still need visas to travel to Russia?

Everyone knows that tRump is Big Daddy. I’ve long thought about Cat on a Hot Tin Roof when it comes to his dysfunctional family.

3 Likes

A reminder on that.

Alabama had the longest home winning record at 31 straight home games, dating back to 2015.

Trump shows up, demanding he get cheers.

Alabama promptly loses at home to LSU.

32 Likes

Maybe they should bring one of those “Baby Donald Trump in Diapers” inflatables into the Oval Office and everybody gets a whack?

1 Like

Well, at first Stalin and Hitler were allies, albeit for very specific, situational and transient reasons, and then they were enemies, both having dictatorial personalities and conflicting grandiose agendas. That both Stalin and Bolton served their former other enemies’ purposes, also very situationally and transiently, is simply how things sometimes work out. So no, I don’t think it’s odd at all, just ironic.

And if you know anything about WWII, Russians made vastly more sacrifices than westerners in taking Hitler down, in human life and suffering, and if anything Russia contributed more than did western countries towards that end. There is no western analog to Stalingrad, for example, not even the bombing of England let alone occupation of the west. This tied down German forces in the east, making it much easier for western forces to advance in the west.

2 Likes

Thanks.

1 Like

You’re talking about Rudy, right?

3 Likes

An aside, but am I the only one who’s finding MSNBC’s Joy Reid to be increasingly annoying these days, with her incessant and excessive perkiness and talking point-guided discussions that she’s always trying to move along even when they hit on interesting points that merit some lingering?

5 Likes

Actually, no… The aid wouldn’t still be “withheld” today in the sense that it still might be released. The aid release date would have expired on Sept 30, the end of the federal fiscal year.

5 Likes

I’m beginning to think “Anonymous” is probably a collective of 10 people.

Too craven to do the 25th…so they wrote a book…anonymously.

5 Likes

They’ve grifter-ized the government. It’s just lie on lie, on and on, getting more and more desperate and ridiculous the more suspicious you become. I stood on a sidewalk in Philly once getting the business from one of the most famous bunko artists the city ever saw, one Nick Jerome Ward. The routine goes on and on, and it gets weaker as it goes. People who don’t fall for it pretty quick tend not to fall for it at all.

16 Likes

I’ve suspected it was more than one person all along.

1 Like

Nah, I remember Big Mama telling Big Daddy that she had always loved him. I don’t think Melania would ever say that.

3 Likes

Thanks, but I don’t need a reminder. I live in Louisiana, and my graduate degree is from LSU. I’m not a football fan, but I watched the game on and off and cheered for the Tigers. ETTD was in play. Also a no-class Alabamian stabbed the Baby Trump balloon and was arrested and charged with felony misdemeanor.

10 Likes

Except that Bolton was not alone in his opposition to the “freeze”:

The freeze on funds Ukraine sought for its continuing war against Russia-backed separatists was opposed by many in the administration. Alexander Vindman, director of European affairs on the National Security Council, has testified that he understood Pompeo, then-National Security Advisor John Bolton and Defense Secretary Mark Esper all recommended releasing the funds in an Aug. 15 meeting with Trump.

9 Likes

Sam Elliot shouldn’t play Bolton although he’s got the 'stash for it. Too much gravitas and he’s too tall. Bolton could be played by Steve Buscemi, basically a reprise of his role in Boardwalk Empire as a selfish manipulator behind the scenes.

Alec Baldwin wouldn’t be a good Trump in the movie. I’ve enjoyed some of his SNL bits, but Baldwin and the writers are playing Trump like a harmless buffoon for the laughs. The cruelty and hatred in Trump’s personality isn’t in those skits, because it wouldn’t be funny. John Goodman might be good choice. He’s done some very good evil roles in Barton Fink and Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? Although I don’t know if he could do the NY accent.

Nut screws the bolton.

2 Likes

No, you’re not alone, and I’m sad to say that.

1 Like

Has anyone made any compelling guesses based on writing style, tone, emphasis, content, etc.? My top guesses are Conway, Kushner or Kelly, but you’re probably right and it’s a bunch of people.

1 Like