Report: State Dept Quietly Released Ukraine Aid At Bolton’s Orders

My guess is, these stories are coming from the Bolton camp, both because of how he is being portrayed, and the timing of them; right when Schiff blows him off and he starts jumping up and down saying “But I have LOTS more to say”.

I too share Josh’s puzzlement over what is going on with this Bolton aspect; a lot of things about it just aren’t tracking/making sense.

21 Likes

With a little help from Comey and the Electoral College.

6 Likes

Has Fareed Zakaria discussed any of this? It seems he is part of the story now.

5 Likes

Yes, she usually looks like she’s had a couple of shots.

Oh! You mean pissed as in angry! Never mind.

8 Likes

Well he did come in 2nd with the popular vote.

4 Likes

Uncle Stache will save the day!

1 Like

Um…does anyone there have even an inkling of where the nuclear football is? I sure hope it’s not in the hands of some mobbed-up Ukrainian spinning tall stories…but, at this point, I really can’t be sure.

5 Likes

My new glasses apparently prevent me from seeing double entendre.

3 Likes

He did just announce his $2 million book deal, so maybe ginning up interest? Probably half written by now.

5 Likes

They can’t order lunch without this kind of nuttery. Imagine the real backstory behind everything else. N Korea, for ex.

3 Likes

I worried about hitting submit.
And I know there have been regimes that killed tens of millions.
Not in the same category at all.

What we have is the most powerful nation on earth electing a petty lifelong criminal failure of a game-show host…who managed to destroy an entire party AND dismantle a very capable government in about 1.5 years. Not a complete global human tragedy yet, but it is a shitshow.

29 Likes

Well, that’s kind of an odd way of putting it. After all, it wasn’t like taking Hitler down was a choice for Stalin. If anything, the Western Allies invading Europe (first in Italy and then France) was us helping Stalin.

4 Likes

Looks like Bolton needs a better pair of glasses to stay on his face. His tic to keep adjusting his glasses at certain times is some kind of tell, I just don’t know what exactly it signifies. Maybe its, I’m Mr. Peabody and everyone else is Sherman…or I’m the smartest guy in the room and the rest of you are mere mortals.

5 Likes

I’ve thought about that. And perhaps he is holding out with Schiff to get a public hearing, and not just a closed door hearing, to get more publicity.

8 Likes

"There ain’t nothin’ more powerful than the odor of mendacity. You can smell it. It smells like death."
Big Daddy in Tennessee Williams’ Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

We can hope. ETTD

18 Likes

Not that I am aware of. My bet is that he’s pretty chagrined at being the unwitting pawn in this caper.

6 Likes

My favorite bumper sticker (which mysteriously appeared all over San Francisco) the day after Reagan was shot … “Give Hinckley Another Chance.”

4 Likes

I was going for the not locking up opponents, quashing protests, and the like, but I’ll give you the EC but not Comey.

1 Like

What’s Eric’s job?

1 Like

Man, was I disappointed he lived.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available