Report: Lawmakers Were Not Informed About Police Request For Backup Ahead Of Capitol Attack | Talking Points Memo

That’s why the “IF.”

5 Likes

Big if true! If she were there there will be other evidence. Too much smoke with these Boeberts, especially the one we know was there. Bad news. And then the other three, Brooks, Biggs, and Gosar.

11 Likes

But no :dragon: s.

12 Likes

I remember trying to read “Blackhawk Down” and giving up because it was this welter of streets and distances and this squad and that convoy and times and speeds and I just gave up. It takes special skill to take a complex thing like this and make it readably comprehensible and I don’t envy anyone who tries.

6 Likes

Nevertheless, there is a very close resemblance, to my eyes, and the observations deserve a follow through. This whole affair has been such a fiasco of a farrago, that I wouldn’t be surprised if the Mother was the chief insurrectionist.

13 Likes

That individual was barking very specific instructions and is already being closely investigated, I’m sure. I’m not at all saying forget the idea, just that the technique seems like it could generate false positives.

11 Likes

Here’s my question what is chain of command for Capitol Security?

It is clear Bowser has NO jurisdiction. Capitol Grounds are solely the jurisdiction of Capitol Police.

Yet, Chief Sunds said he asked both Sargent of Arms of House & Senate to call in NG& that request was denied.

That explains Pelosi & Schumer summarily dismissing both SOON as they got out of bunker.

But it is also sinister in terms of complicity.

While CHain of command is essential…if it rose to THAT level? The problems are huge.

I also know the Capitol Police guy who comitted suicide was son of former Sargent of arms.

This coup breached that level & beyond.

This was an INSIDE job. Including DOD. Hogan told us. He was forced to wait on phone 45 minutes only to get call back authorization, supposedly McCarthy was unavailable. How quaint. McCarthy was Trump acting DOD appointment after he fired Espy following the election.

This coup was not just Capitol police. It rose to Pentagon.

Sund was denied NG just as Hogan had to “wait” for authorization.

Clearly indicative of coordinated effort.

Every single agency that could have intervened was under Trump command.

He was gleeful watching.

Knowing he had given command to stand down.

13 Likes

Knowing these folks, both.

5 Likes

Scary when it happens to you, isn’t it? Now he knows how all the people who received death threats because of Trump feel.

21 Likes

Yes. When all the investigations are done, much will be revealed. And, I fear, much will not.

10 Likes

I agree, in general, but is the problem here visible only in hindsight?

But the sergeants-at-arms, Michael Stenger of the Senate and Paul Irving of the House, who have since resigned, rejected the request without raising the issue with either McConnell or Pelosi.

14 Likes

Hmm…this seems statistically significant, doncha think? Keep him off Twitter, for the good of the country.

18 Likes

If I’m remember some of the details correctly, in the end it was VP Pence calling for the NG. I’m still not sure on the timeline of how long after members of Congress were sequestered did:

1. who called for the NG first
  2. how long it tool from the asking to the getting
  3. and why the FUCK isn’t it being shouting from rooftops that Trump sat and watched it all happen on the TV. Didn’t lift a phone. Didn’t sequester in the bunker.
  4. and where were Mel and Barron during all of this? As in was Mel still having photographer take pictures of the stuff she’s going to knock to sell on QV?
10 Likes

We should thank Menshevik Mitch for making Kazinsky and McVeigh’s prosecutor (Garland) available for these investigations/prosecutions.

3 Likes

the best part of the whole read is:
NY Attorney General Letitia James has 67 indictments on trump ready to be unsealed on January 21, 2021.

20 Likes

Maybe they should have done this sooner, you know a test run a week before the election(s).
I think it’s France that bans all electioneering a week before the elections. Not sure how that would play out in states with early voting, but I’m willing to give it a try.

6 Likes

This specific glitch stikes me as still surrounded in secrecy. Anyone with the experience of these two Sergeants-at-arm would know that to make this decision on their own is to remove the responsibility from the next in the chain-of-command. It effectively says that they know better than their bosses. The shared guilt of this offense is not quite right in my book. Something stinks.

6 Likes

It takes time for these things to set in. I was telling Mrs V.H. That I didn’t understand Watergate until I read “All The President’s Men” among other “post mortems.” Right now, these are still “isolated incidents” to most people. We won’t get the “gestalt” until everything is put together in a final investigative report by the press or the government.

20 Likes

Seriously one possibility I think is likely here is that there’s an accusation of corrupt behavior by Trump in the offing so hideous that the NSA thought the family needed to know, possibly to persuade him he absolutely had to resign.

19 Likes

I think Facebook did some version of this, but being Facebook, it was corrupt and meant to hurt Democrats as I recall.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available