Report: Lawmakers Were Not Informed About Police Request For Backup Ahead Of Capitol Attack | Talking Points Memo

The Lincoln Project: “Our work here is not done.”

2 Likes

When a politician in OK apologizes to POC isn’t that just code to all of the white people that he is a nice racist like them?

5 Likes

Rats at each others throats.

3 Likes

I did mean using the NSA after Wednesday. Whenever the current president claims that his adversaries are doing something it is a sure bet that he is planning to do it or has already done it. As much as I hate to say this, we have to fear the “deep state” or at least make contingency plans to deal with it.

1 Like

I left that burner phone in my knapsack for you to find - per @rascal_crone’s instructions - just in case you were tempted along these lines. It’s been pinging your every movement back to SOROS HQ ever since Insurrection Day.

5 Likes

Yes, he’s a great read and he had a lot to say during the protests over the summer. He wrote a few pieces for WaPo and the New Yorker as well:

5 Likes

POWERFUL!!! (Go away DiscoBot. This is a complete sentence!)

Dem’s fightin’ words fo’ Manchin.

2 Likes

Has anyone tested if saying Discobot three times in a row will banish him forever?

Or does it have to be a critical mass of respondents?

1 Like

She gave directions. Most of these goobers didn’t think it through.

If you look and act like you are in charge, it is amazing how many folks will go along with it - grateful for some direction.

1 Like

I couldn’t find my ruby slippers.

1 Like

Wait a minute… There was an episode in which Bobby Ewing stepped out of the shower??? And I missed it?!?

Damn. I must have been scrambling to write a term paper that night.

1 Like

Alistair MacLean was my favorite author when I was a teen. I read all of his books. Wonderful stuff. I also really liked Jean Plaidy’s historical novels - read most of them too.

1 Like

Yes in that time before the internet and Youtube, when one had to wait for summer re-runs to catch up with what you missed.

1 Like

Yes but who is the authorized requestor? Hogan had NG troop positioned at the state line, along with state troopers.
There was a call between Pence and the Secretary of the Army, and I think the Secretary was the one who called Pence.
So if NG can’t be deployed until requested, who can make the request? From what I watched on the news programs Trump was sulking/engrossed with the TV coverage. Several aides and former aides tried to get him to make the call, but he didn’t.
And this being the government if Trump had been overseas then Pence is the one to make the call. So I guess the adults in DC pretended that he was unavailable.

Rats! As in we’re in the year of the rat, and how many times recently have former Trump administration folk jumped ship?

1 Like

Skinner seems like an amazing man. And he has a menagerie of great mean cats.

2 Likes

Does it make sense that the NSA and the FBI can use our cell phones to track every move we make and can access every phone call we place or receive and nobody saw this coming? The vast expansion of the surveillance state missed this? Nobody was tracking the Michigan militias after their egregious behavior?

Just asking.

1 Like

One Ragin’ Cajun inbound.

They didn’t even mention it on the evening news in the T.C. Bet they were crushed!

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available