Report: Caputo Receives Metastatic Cancer Diagnosis | Talking Points Memo

Michael Caputo, the former Health and Human Services communications official who took a leave of absence after accusing government scientists of sedition, has been diagnosed with cancer, according to The Buffalo News.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1334067

Not gonna dunk on the guy. That’s a bad, bad diagnosis.

37 Likes

I will. I’m not superstitious. Hope it hurts. For a long time.

25 Likes

That certainly explains some things.

31 Likes

“He is now home in Western New York, resting in the loving arms of his family, under the watchful eye of Jesus Christ,” DiPietro, a Republican who represents Caputo’s hometown, said in the statement.

That doesn’t sound good. Dr. Christ usually only gets called in after all the other doctors have failed. Here’s hoping he finds some time for peace and reflection in the weeks and months ahead.

35 Likes

Caputo began a 60-day medical leave earlier this month…

That was the only cancer removal related to this asshole that I was concerned about.

10 Likes

“Caputo was given the diagnosis following surgery last week at the National Cancer Institute…”

If only the poor man hadn’t been tested, he never would’ve gotten cancer.

(Or so I’m told.)

114 Likes

It is what it is.

35 Likes

A cancer on our Country and our people having cancer.
Justice!

4 Likes

This cancer is not generally metastatic to the brain, so that doesn’t explain his prior wildly inappropriate statements. But it’s a terrible diagnosis.

14 Likes

Yeah, he has done a lot of horrible things but this is a terrible diagnosis and I wish him all the best in his fight.

6 Likes

50% survival rate, depending on location, how early it was detected, and metastasis (IANA.MD)

Michael Douglas had this in 2010…smoking, drinking (and probably HPV via a penchant for Cu*********us, which is as baller a way to get cancer as I can imagine)

Sometimes chewing (“smokeless”) tobacco also at fault.

FYI this and his 60-day leave of absence all paid by you, the Federal Taxpayer.

I never wish additional suffering on anyone, but I expect him to recover to start a new job on Steve Scalise’s staff.

4 Likes

“It’s something I’ve been dealing with for months but didn’t do anything about it,” he said then, “even though I work in a building full of doctors.”

… because ?.. science is rubbish? …you picked up comprehensive medical knowledge from those around you via osmosis - and thus felt equipped to render judgment?

People delay taking action for a variety of reasons - mostly related to fear … In my opinion, Caputo is a relentless arrogant jerk of the highest order - but this is no way for anyone to go - metastasizing squamous cell cancer holds a pretty bleak outcome -

Once squamous cell carcinoma has spread beyond the skin, though, less than half of people live five years, even with aggressive treatment.

13 Likes

silent prayer

moves on

10 Likes

Good thing he’s got tax-payer funded health insurance. This would bankrupt the average US citizen and their family.

I got nothing for him.

42 Likes

I really don’t care, do you?

(Boy, thanks, Mel. That phrase works so well for so many GOP problems)

24 Likes

This reminds me: has anyone heard anything about the human tick known as Louie Gohmert lately?

14 Likes

Well he did cause a lot of suffering and deaths, so no sympathy. Anyway, according to them he’s in the hands of Jesus now, so we’ll see if Jesus feels like a little karma is in order.

24 Likes

I am sorry though, sorry it wasn’t trump. That’s all I’ve got.

16 Likes

Trump helped with his admission to the hospital. No sympathy for him.He is one of many hell bent on turning this country into a dictatorship.

12 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available