Records Show Nearly 900 Secret Service Employees Got COVID During Trump Admin | Talking Points Memo

Almost 900 Secret Service employees tested positive for COVID-19 during the year since the pandemic hit the United States, according to public records published Tuesday. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1378605

A result of the negligence, stupidity, self-serving behavior of DJT!

33 Likes

And he couldn’t care less. It’s deplorable.

22 Likes

“Special agents are tasked with protective assignments — such as the Secret Service agents who drove around with then-President Donald Trump in a closed SUV after he tested positive for COVID last year.”

Karma had her chance.

Frankly, I’m disappointed with her work ethic over the past four years.

46 Likes

Actually, indicates more that there wasn’t substantively higher outbreaks there despite trump.

Overall cases are around 10% of the population, but that has to be taken with the note that there’s well-known undercounts because many people never got tested.

The Secret Service, with much more rigorous and regular testing already known only hit 14% overall, and 19% with the uniformed folks who were in the front lines and would have been the most tested.

In real terms, then, it’s just as likely that they aren’t any different than the overall population on infection rates, and quite possible under.

1 Like

That’s a lot of infections for a hoax.

23 Likes

You really haven’t lived until you’ve been at the center of an active disease cohort. That’s what I always say. Everyone agrees.

5 Likes

Or carried a kilo of cocaine through an airport.

3 Likes

Back in the early 70s I carried a suitcase full of mescaline through the Denver airport. 10,000 hits. Didn’t give it a thought. But that was the 70s.

8 Likes

Personal use?

7 Likes

Most of them were ghost employees. Trump was cashing their checks.

6 Likes

C’mon…how many just wanted quarantine for relief from that orange idiot?

9 Likes

Tried my damndest for awhile but finally had to sell most of it. :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Coming into Los Angeles
Bringing in a couple of keys
Don’t touch my bags if you please
Mister Customs man

6 Likes

Write her up, she’s had her verbal warning and performance has not improved.

8 Likes

People on mescaline, in my exp, are the most boring people alive. They just laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh.

Maybe not most boring. CrossFit Guy, “Lemme tell you about all the hands I got in Texas Hold ‘em last night” Guy, and Fantasy Football Guy are more boring. Mescaline Guy is fourth.

7 Likes

The records show that of the 881 positive test results recorded between March 1, 2021 and March 9, 2021

I’m confused, when they say “recorded” does that mean this many Secret Service contracted Covid in this one week period which was only a few months ago and nothing to do with tRump.

3 Likes

Hopped the security fence on Stone Mountain once on mescaline. Sat on a ledge above the carving, me and a couple other guys.

Security was not amused.

Again, the 70s. It’s what you did.

4 Likes

Typo. First date should be march 2020.

5 Likes

Yeah, but they’d still vote for Scumbag again, so…

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available