READ: The Template SCOTUS Election-Reversal Lawsuit That Trump Allies Pushed On LA’s AG | Talking Points Memo

Before Texas filed a lawsuit that asked the Supreme Court to block President Biden’s win in four battleground states, a draft of the petition was circulated to the Louisiana attorney general’s office.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1378314
1 Like

Kris Kobach doesn’t have any attorney-client relationship with the State of Louisiana. There does not appear to be any legal basis for those passages to be redacted.

61 Likes

A template drafted by some sorry-assed RW think tank. Along the model of ALEC bills.

The vast right-wing conspiracy. Hillary wasn’t wrong about that. Most other things, but not that.

20 Likes

Murrill appears to be another hero in this story. Just trying to keep the crazy at arms length.

4 Likes

Is it heroism to not want to smear yourself with shit?

24 Likes

I hope this continues, so we have a full picture of just how hard Republicans tried to overturn the election in time for the vote in 2022. Every bit of this news is disturbing if you care about a functioning democracy, which I think most Americans do…if the Republicans continue their march to make sure they are the only party that can win elections I really think it will hurt them enough that they can’t recapture the Senate and maybe the House (that’s so close that they will probably get it through gerrymandering alone). Democrats really should be running on this…“how can you vote for someone when their party is doing everything they can to remove your right to vote?” should be a refrain spread far and wide.

47 Likes

It is in today’s Republican party.

27 Likes

They show how Kobach repeatedly pestered Attorney General Jeff Landry’s office

That should read:

They show how Kobach, now armed with remedial knowlege of civil procedure, repeatedly pestered Attorney General Jeff Landry’s office

26 Likes

This is going to all play out again in 2024, regardless the GOP nominee. Part of the campaign will entail constantly disparaging and calling into doubt the integrity of the vote, so the base is primed to put pressure on state AGs, election boards, SecStates and Governors to nullify the election and have it awarded to the Republican candidate. Prospective nominees will have to pledge to the party bosses they’ll do this, or they won’t get help in their campaign. Because obviously everyone agrees Democrats cheat and can’t be trusted.
Total replay of 2020.

21 Likes

Brad Heath
@bradheath

A federal judge wants every attorney whose name was on court filings seeking to overturn Michigan's presidential election results in the "Kraken" suit there to show up for a sanctions hearing on July 6. pic.twitter.com/816zUMHZ4l

— Brad Heath (@bradheath) June 17, 2021

Steve
@restlow

·

20h

Replying to

@bradheath

and

@normative

One important clarification. The judge doesn’t “want” the lawyers to attend the hearing. The Judge ORDERS the attorneys to attend.

47 Likes

What does this portend?

3 Likes

Tangential election shenanigans:

26 Likes

Moral of the story: Yes, even lawyers admitted to the bar can be fascists too.

11 Likes

Not even with the “obscure how big a Jackass that white man is” clause?

7 Likes

I would like these institutional vandals and blowhards to receive some physical pain. Like punching a nazi. That’s all.

9 Likes

Hillary has been right about almost everything.

42 Likes

I was wondering that myself. Curious.

7 Likes

Kobach is a frigging opportunistic carpetbagger. He and Russell Pearce got together and wrote the racist “papers please” law (SB1070) here in AZ. It cost Pearce his seat in our legislature and Kobach went home to Kansas. The law remains.

26 Likes

10 Likes

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available