READ: Prepared Testimony Of NSC Official Who Listened To Trump’s Ukraine Call | Talking Points Memo

A White House official who listened to President Trump’s July 25 call with Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky will tell House investigators on Tuesday that he was so alarmed by the Ukraine pressure campaign that he twice alerted a top White House lawyer.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1258676

“I stated to Amb. Sondland that his statements were inappropriate, that the request to investigate Biden and his son had nothing to do with national security, and that such investigations were not something the NSC was going to get involved in or push.”

And Ambassador Sondland just smiled and nodded.

54 Likes

Well should be an interesting Tuesday in the White House.

29 Likes

Trump will just buy a bus for Mr. Sondland using the funds provided by Sondland.

Pretty expensive bus I must say.

17 Likes

An omnibus, unread.

24 Likes

There is so much information coming out, it is hard to keep up. IANAL, so for these lawyers at NSC and the WH, what are the potential repercussions for not disclosing these concerns, if any?

25 Likes

It constantly astounds me that gop congress critters, House or Senate, still cling to tRump, knowing full well that Everything tRump Touches Dies. They have to know that ! What a week ahead of us.

30 Likes

Feel that as well, Vindman sounds like another block buster. Not sure how to incorporate this as yet.

24 Likes

So Vindman reported Episode 1 (with Tres Amigos and the Bidens) and Episode 2 (the “Perfect” call) to Eisenberg. Later it was reported that Eisenberg was the WH lawyer who placed the Ukraine call transcript in a highly secure server.

I guess Eisenberg is NO John Dean since he hid the incriminating transcript instead of standing up for the rule of law.

“We have a cancer within, close to, the presidency, that is growing.”
— John Dean

Addendum:

Another Right-Wing Conspiracy - Vindman is a double agent
:scream: :scream: :scream:

Addendum2:
No surprise there…WH omitted crucial words and phrases just like they did with the Helsinki Presser transcript also!

56 Likes

Popcorn and coffee for breakfast.

21 Likes

Eisenberg sounds a lot more like Erlichman than Dean.

30 Likes

Wow, this is dynamite. First-hand, and by a Lt. Col. in the NSA.
Not exactly hearsay, and not exactly a crazy Democrat.
I guess it’s time to invade Iran.

57 Likes

Maybe another direction to look will be interactions internally between Republicans. Tons of speculation as to why some of them did what they did. Compromised? But certainly not all of them. A good group of them are likely just following the party line like fans sticking with rotten teams. At this point internally, questions may being asked.

7 Likes

Almost certainly one of the whistleblower’s sources and absolutely certain to not give him or her up. This guy sounds like the real deal and represents yet another nail in Trump’s coffin. This is a big reason for why Dems aren’t looking to litigate the refusal of some witnesses to honor subpoenas. They don’t need to. I’d like to see them do it anyway on a parallel track, but it looks like they have enough credible witnesses to bury Trump by now, and then some. Hopefully on Russia and all the rest, too.

37 Likes

We should start a pool on which non-retiring Repubs are the first to openly throw Trump under the bus.

21 Likes

How much career risk is this man taking, as a serving Army officer who is defying the White House? Quite a lot, I’m sure.

What are the odds he gets an order from a superior officer not to testify tomorrow? Is that why he made sure his opening statement got released tonight?

ETA Can those will military experience weigh in?

39 Likes

Tick. Tock. Motherfuckers

20 Likes

We need career professionals to continue speaking out. They are the true heroes right now.

43 Likes

Wow, Eisenberg is in deep.

Vindman could also testify about the veracity of the “transcript” and perhaps fill in some of the ellipses?

45 Likes

I am starting to think that Sondland was so out of his element, and so caught up in the Trump-sphere, that more than the other players that we (so far, know of) was swept way out of his league. Seeing the writing on the wall (dude is in serious trouble), I ~almost~ feel sorry for him.

6 Likes