READ: House Intel Releases Trump-Ukraine Whistleblower Complaint | Talking Points Memo

Imagine what the Trumpsters might be thinking now: “So we didn’t need to release the summary of the call, after all? Doh!”

The complaint is damaging enough, but they might have skated on a sea of ambiguity before. No longer.

12 Likes

Only a dozen witnesses in the Situation Room. No proof! Witch Hunt!

19 Likes

I would say

14 Likes

It is the involvement of Bill Barr that is probably the biggest bombshell to me. Gee, do you suppose that is why he has attempted to quash this from becoming public by ignoring the whistle blower statute and not reporting it to the Intelligence committees?

He is now involved up to his neck with this. I wonder if he recalls what happened to John Mitchell?

74 Likes

Plus, they were technically on 56th St. when I shot them, so not on 5th Avenue, me innocent!

20 Likes

His wife will also rat him out from the bathroom phone?

16 Likes

Team Trump is trying to flood the zone with information here…

I hope schiff is able to delay the hearing for an hour –

5 Likes

Someone needs to wake up the rest of our west coast TPM friends!

9 Likes

More like Grisham and John Le Carre decided to team-up for a novel.

19 Likes

“the electronic transcript”

This is the modern version of a White House taping system. This is the biggest piece of new information about this whole affair.

25 Likes

That’s known as the Gish Gallop, and while it often works with the public, it has the opposite effect in court. The more crimes, the more charges, the worse the outcome.

10 Likes

“In the course of my official duties, I have received information from multiple U.S. Government officials that the President of the United States is using the power of his office to solicit interference from a foreign country in the 2020 U.S. election,”

Old news. Sadly.

14 Likes

Dominos. They are going to fall like dominos. Repeat after me: President Pelosi.

18 Likes

Oh, lordy, lordy, lordy,
I hope there are tapes

11 Likes

I set my alarm today…after waking up yesterday to that poopstorm, i wasn’t going to miss the DNI testimony

7 Likes

Impeachment isn’t a criminal trial. The only outcome is innocence or removal from office. I would suspect trump should pack his shit and look for other employment about now.

12 Likes

Yup.

And, of course, we now know why this readout only appeared on the UKR books and not the US:

7 Likes

I love the smell of a nothingburger in the morning.

11 Likes

OT, but interesting. I read Boris Johnson is now telling assorted British politicians should they find themselves tiring of getting death threats, and fear for the safety of their loved ones, maybe the smart thing to do is get on board with his Brexit policy.

Nice family you have here, too bad your opposition to me might lead some unstable loyalist of mine to do something to them.

25 Likes

Clear intent to cover up a crime. If this is all true, a whole gaggle including the AG are guilty as hell.

25 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available