READ: House Intel Releases Trump-Ukraine Whistleblower Complaint | Talking Points Memo

House Intelligence Committee Chair Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) released a redacted copy of a whistleblower complaint on Thursday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1251583
1 Like

Before I read the article, is it appropriate to say "Wow?

40 Likes

We are now living in a John Grisham novel.

33 Likes

Damn, Morning Joe has everyone on. Andrea Mitchell, Chris Mathews and Nicolle Wallace

Ohhh, is a woman going to be the one to take down Trump?! Love it!

22 Likes

Who would have guessed, Pence is deeply implicated…

38 Likes

Reading the first two paragraphs is all you need…

I would raise your “Wow” to “Holy fuck”…

41 Likes

Could this possibly take down Trump, Pence, Barr and Pompeo?

They pulled a Nixon! Instead of erasing 18 minutes of tape they erased the electronic database and moved the transcript to a Secure Database for confidential information only

46 Likes

Better ask Ben Sasse if you’re going too fast.

:smirk:

28 Likes

So, the person who gathered these complaints and created the Whistleblower document … is this the whistleblower or are there multiple whistleblowers and this person synthesized their concerns into one document?

12 Likes

Damn it! I don’t have time to read it right now.

So I printed it out. I’ll read it between between my “job duties”. I wonder how much work I’ll get done today…

15 Likes

Dear Bureau of Prisons,

The overcrowding problem at your facilities may soon get lots worse.

21 Likes

hilarious watching the MSNBC team – and everybody has been called in for this one – go thru the complaint…
Nicole Wallace is one of the best commentators…

31 Likes

For all those who doubt our intel people as in the bag for Trump, and I’ve heard that many times, this is what they’ve been doing.

19 Likes

The only one who is actually blowing the whistle is the author of this letter.

The others whispered their concerns to each other – which is often how these things get started.

39 Likes

Boldly entering Day Three of getting-no-shit-done-in-the-office. Holy smokes.

49 Likes

And 'holy fuck" is a vast understatement…

Oh, lordy, lordy, lordy, what a steaming pile of :poop:

21 Likes

I’ll take one Saturday night massacre to go .
Can you wrap it with a bow please?

19 Likes

Trump: “See, this completely exonerates me!”

43 Likes

So, bribery, extortion, obstruction, conspiracy, abuse of power–what other potential charges are there? If this isn’t impeachable, nothing short of nuking Disneyland on Mother’s Day would qualify.

I’m wondering, though, since the whistleblower found out about all these things from others, isn’t that technically hearsay, and thus not admissible? Or is that not applicable to such situations?

21 Likes

Before I wake up enough to wipe sleep from my eyes (5:50am here) CBS reports the senate has canceled trump’s national emergency at the Mexican border.
When it rains it pours.

43 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available