READ: Geoffrey Berman Details Closed-Door Talk With AG Barr Before Being Fired | Talking Points Memo

Additional crops of Senators will be up for reelection in 2022 and 2024 (i.e., they won’t be lame ducks). We need to figure out a way to hold them accountable for this time period. Maybe create some kind of scorecard - call it the “Turtle Index” - that tracks support of McConnell’s skullduggery, things like questionable judges appointed. These scorecards could be used to encourage donations to fund the war chests of the 2022 and 2024 challengers.

2 Likes

Mar a go go is the “Winter Whitehouse.” It’s too hot there now for golfing mid-day. I think his summer preference is the one NJ.

2 Likes

Bill Barr - worse and even more corrupt than John Mitchell - and that is saying a lot.

7 Likes

Carpenito said he had no idea what was ‘really’ going on; he was told Berman was resigning and nothing else.

Of course, that is ‘his’ story; Clayton also says that he had no idea he set all this into motion. Trump just asked him what would be his ‘dream job’ and he said SDNY. Totally unqualified. But it was his ‘dream job.’

I don’t know if I believe either Carpenito or Clayton but that’s their story and they are sticking to it.

What “I” can’t believe is Barr announcing his resignation without getting his actual resignation first.

I mean, THAT IS SO STUPID IT BURNS.

8 Likes

For some reason Cohen’s lawyer thought he and Cohen were “in negotiation” for the conditions of Cohen’s release and was much surprised when the guys with shakles showed up. Really? One and done, dude.

1 Like

I don’t disagree that it’s going to be an interesting period between the election and the inauguration, but the damage he can do is going to be limited by the fact that every career employee in government is going to stop responding to all the political hacks after Nov. 3rd.

5 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Well, my view on that is colored somewhat by finding out Kennedy’s SON is the ‘personal’ manager of Trump’s Deutschebank’s account.

His bonus is related to Trump’s fiscal situation.

5 Likes

tiowally I responded the same to hagarwood but you had a LOT more info that I did.

WHEN the Feds get Deutschebank (I thought that was the spelling) to release the records, I also think Kennedy’s son lies in some crosshairs; I won’t be surprised if the bank loses its license to exist in the US.

They have lost at least one maybe two (can’t remember this second) money-laundering cases for cripes’ sake!

8 Likes

I’ve heard (and of course I am NOT a reliable source) that Trump Towers is a dump.

Or was that the White House?

So many tweets, my brain hurts.

1 Like

Good God.

I have to agree, he has had no impact on the court, no decision of his will ever be quoted (and I know he had a few majority opinions in his name but I can’t remember a one).

GHW Bush put an ‘identity’ candidate on SCOTUS and got really nothing out of it.

Nobody thought he was ‘the best’ and Thomas did not disabuse anybody of that notion.

1 Like

Nope. In this case, it starts out with the German word for German (“Deutsch”), used as an adjective (i.e. “German Bank”), so “Deutsche”.

Check out their Website:

https://www.db.com/company/index.htm

1 Like

Unfortunately (or in our case fortunately) the countries without extradition treaties also tend to have very poor health care environments. These fat blubbers are going to need all the medical care they can get.

2 Likes

Rather, I think the medical care tends to be more stratified. If you have the money, care can be excellent, but if you’re a pauper, you’re SOL. So it would come down to how well they could squirrel the money away from efforts by the Feds to freeze their assets.

Trump has kept one promise that I can see. Draining the swamp! Except he has installed one that is far far worse than anyone could imagine! Are the guys who rate world’s nations on corruption taking notice at all?
As for Trump rallying the base, though it may not quite do the job like in 2016, there are still gullible voters out there who will fall for it hook, line and sinker! Just yesterday or today I read that the Republican view of the BLM protests is shifting after Trump’s repeated attacks on the protests.

Here you go. https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6986142-Cohen-Order.html

Twitter thread for context: https://twitter.com/dfriedman33/status/1281358740130856960

1 Like

Item no. 2 is the one I had seen. I assume it’s authentic, particularly since it popped up almost immediately after news broke of why he was silenced, err, taken back into custody.

2 Likes

Stunning how silent so many different sources have been, somehow cowed by Chump. Sure, it is true, that he would use the whole powers of the fed. govt. to wreak his vengeance on them…but still. How much payback could Chump pile on the head of old School Officials? Anyways, from the High to the Low, everybody has been silenced or cowed by Chump. When he no longer can sic Billy Barr or other govermental powers on people, I suspect a TON of folks/evidence is going to come forward. Banks, loans, women, schools, student, old business partners, etc. are all going to be crawling out of the woodwork. Forget all the Fed crimes you can prove in court, just think of the loads of everyday shit he did.

As stunning as the silence since he took office, the clapback when he is Citizen Chump could be LOUD. Proof also of the total failure of the media and R party to have produced hard evidence during 2016 campaign…there was surely enough disqualifying info on him. Obama nearly got railroaded because he knew an outspoken minister. I didn’t even know Chump had a living sister and brother until she got run off her judgeship 1 yr ago due to Chump-Family crimes, and never heard of the younger brother until Mary Chump’s book excerpts. I think we know how the media treated Carter’s, Clinton’s, and Obama’s siblings.

1 Like

As far as I am concerned, Betsy DeVos can go climb a cactus.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available