RBG’s Trainer Does Push-Ups In Her Honor Next To Her Casket | Talking Points Memo

The late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s personal trainer, Bryant Johnson, paid his respects by doing push-ups beside her casket as she was laid to rest in state at the Capitol.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1334281

Discipline. Capacity to work. Ability to push through obstacles. It’s not just talent with most of the successful people you hear about. It’s a certain drive.

11 Likes

Just a great story and tribute,they must of had some great conversations about life and living.

6 Likes

DISGUSTING !!

6 Likes

Yeah. Knowing those two it’s a dick move, but probably for the best.

6 Likes

It’s appalling that they think this is a nifty idea.

What tiny, tiny little creatures they are.

4 Likes

There is a certain similarity of appearance methinks…

3 Likes

Good - they’re hardly welcome.

11 Likes

Trump can do 100 push-ups and run a 5 minute mile. Everyone agrees. Everyone knows it. His MIT uncle passed on the athlete genes to him. He won the gold medal in the pentathlon in the 1944 Summer Olympics. It’s not in dispute.

3 Likes

I would suppose that Mitch had a hard time getting to his feet from sitting on more than 400 bills the House has sent over to him for action in the senate…a full third being bipartisan bills.

6 Likes

You could be right. He can’t afford to let them go.

1 Like

Mitch needs to be careful, he’s not laying down a very good track record to help Trump run for his third term.

Biden should walk on stage for the first debate, drop down and rip off 10 push-ups, then get up and say, “Your turn, tough guy.” Even better if they were handclap push-ups.

6 Likes

I guess RBG’s trainer was just doing pushups with her one last time.

I will never forgive them for any of this but the fact that they would not shut up long enough to let us mourn RBG is something that I really am not going to forgive them for.

We’re going to party so hard and so loud when you die, Mitch. You lay in state and it will be a nonstop party around your dead body.

14 Likes

" Mitch McConnell and Kevin McCarthy Reportedly Skipping Ceremony Honoring Ruth Bader Ginsburg"

Looking forward to see who in MSM will give this story the attention that it needs.

2 Likes

This is the absolute best. I so admired RBG’s shows of grit and guts in attempting to maintain a high level of physical fitness, especially in the face of serious illness. She was so disciplined and determined in every facet of her life…

5 Likes

OK, I have tried hard not to cry since last Thursday evening. I was so cried out after Elijah and John. This video broke the dam.

6 Likes

eh, to be expected, and do you really what these ghouls lurking around such a hero’s casket? that alone makes my skin crawl.

1 Like

McConnell and McCarthy are probably afraid of a repeated scene of booing like Trump received…none of the Republicans who are crapping on Ginsburg’s legacy are very popular in DC right now.

Also, the plan is for Trump to nominate someone tomorrow, and the Senate to have its vote on Oct. 26th, about a month later. From RBG’s death to the vote is just a little longer than the time between Scalia’s death and Obama nominating Garland, and will be the shortest nominating process of any justice in the past several decades. The Republicans deserve all the scorn for the way they are doing this that the nation can put out, and hopefully that scorn comes out a week later.

2 Likes

There are many ways of showing love.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available