Raskin Sends Trump And Vance A Warning

Originally published at: Raskin Sends Trump And Vance A Warning - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-MD), the top Democrat on the House Oversight Committee, sent a letter to Donald Trump and his running mate Sen. JD Vance (R-OH) warning that their much-hinted-at plan to flout transition rules could end up endangering national security. Vance and Trump won’t even commit to accepting the results of the election if…

1 Like

Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-MD), the top Democrat on the House Oversight Committee, sent a letter to Donald Trump and his running mate Sen. JD Vance (R-OH) warning that their much-hinted-at plan to flout transition rules could end up endangering national security.
… … …
Trump does not give shit about national security. Trump’s only care is trump. Nothing else matters to him
When i can hobble to my laptop i will post cat pics. Was 3.5 hrs in the ER this morning due my screwed up spine. Bottom 2 vertibrae are pinching (more like crushing) my sciatic nerve

and …just cuz…

giphy

Professor Cat makes an appearance.

45 Likes

Since they have Putin security they don’t care about national security.

16 Likes

Jamie Radkin is a treasure!

31 Likes

“Alas?” Alas? I doubt TCF & BJ will recognize the word. It has too many syllables

2 Likes

The Esteemed Mr. Raskin invites us to focus on the implications of the Trump Vance radical refusal to accept any guardrails for democracy as we know it. A word to the wise.

33 Likes

Vote trump if you desire to watch everything you know and love be burned to ash and pissed on by trump

21 Likes

I don’t pray much but if I had a prayer for today it would be that we can find more ‘adults in the room’ such as Raskin.

My dentist’s daughter is his DC driver and from what I hear, he is also a truly nice guy! Treats his driver as one of the family.

35 Likes

Why is the Trump campaign’s failure to engage with the normal transition process, with the high likelihood that said failure is at least partly motivated by a desire to make transition funding into a pool of bribes, and with the effect, as Raskin warns, of endangering national security, not a major story in our national media?

Sorry, sorry. It 's just an old tic. Silly question, I know.

26 Likes

He doesn’t want to spend money on transition in case he loses, because trump will need it for lawyers if he does…

I think its actually that simple

6 Likes

Decency is rare among politicians of any stripe.

5 Likes

Feel better Darr!

20 Likes

It’s rare for trump to pay for anything. He owed Giuliani $2 million and he never paid a dime

10 Likes

It will take some time for meds to work. Sad part I may miss a family reunion to celebrate the life of the eldest in the family, a cousin who is 88 and fading fast. They are in Phoenix. I am 125 miles south in Tucson. I cannot drive or manage to sit with any comfort in a car seat

17 Likes

Chris Christie assembled a team and spent six months drawing up transition plans for the first Trump administration. When he showed up at the White House after the election Steve Bannon told him to fuck off into the sun forever. No one who isn’t an idiot can possibly expect anything to be different this time around. (Pace Project 2025.)

19 Likes

Yikes! Good luck with the spine and the pain.

(I may have forgotten, how did you screw you the spine?)

3 Likes

Off topic rant, well not that off topic since it’s about the enemies of the United States:

There is outrage in the open source software community. Russian nationals are being prevented from submitting code to the Linux kernel. This is because of sanctions. I don’t normally agree with sanctions, but this one I wholeheartedly agree with. To me, it makes no sense to allow anyone under Russian law to write code that goes in American critical infrastructure.

My opinion was not popular, and I found myself in the bizarre position of being called a racist and a hypocrite by a Russian developer.

I replied, that it’s not racism, and it’s not hypocrisy. I was angry, so I followed with: I fully support the United States putting code in the Linux kernel which is harmful to Russia. You should be afraid of America. You should be afraid of our code. As long as you continue to attack your neighbors, the country of Russia should be afraid of cyber attacks.

I obviously don’t actually support that, but I am sick and tired of the ubiquity of Russian apologists.

27 Likes

Then they will need to watch out for deadly falls from first floor windows.

2 Likes

I hope all goes well for you.

9 Likes

Wrong.

I would expect it to be much, much worse.

12 Likes