Rand Paul Tests Coronavirus-Positive | Talking Points Memo

Sen. Rand Paul’s (R-KY) office announced Sunday afternoon that he has tested positive for COVID-19, making him the first senator and the third known member of Congress to test positive for the coronavirus.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1298953

Biting. My. Tongue.

Nothing good to say to Rand or about Rand.

107 Likes

Really sorry to hear about Rand. No, really. Seriously, sorry to hear about it. No, honestly, I mean it, really…

45 Likes

Karma is a bitch.

33 Likes

And he’s usually so negative.

56 Likes

Strange that front-line medical workers have trouble getting tested, but asymptomatic Libertarians get to be “overabundantly cautious” at the tax-payers’ expense.

103 Likes

Am I a bad person for not being particularly sad about this?

EDIT: OMG I AM a bad person. I just saw this Gin and Tacos post and cracked up:

17%20PM

29 Likes
89 Likes

:speak_no_evil:

7 Likes

“out of an abundance of caution”

Add that phrase to GOP Bingo cards.

31 Likes

In a tweet via Paul’s account, the Kentucky senator’s office said that after being tested out of “an abundance of caution” in light of his extensive travel and events

Which raises the question, why exactly is someone plugged into the Intelligence, knows full well how contagious this virus is (whether he wants to admit it or not), and is a medical doctor himself, traveling extensively at this particular time? It’s a stupid, dangerous and reckless act.

52 Likes

Heaven knows they don’t have an abundance of kindness…or caring…or concern for others.

37 Likes

Now we will see if worshiping Aqua Buddha in the past leaves one susceptible to COVID progression.

6 Likes

Don’t fret, Rand. I’m sure all of your neighbors will take care of you if you start feeling bad.

43 Likes

Perhaps…put him out of his misery.

He ain’t getting within a hundred yards of Trump until he tests negative 10 times.

2 Likes

Good. I hope he gets all the medical care he deserves.

22 Likes

One less vote for Republicans, one giant leap for mankind.

22 Likes

Saw a funny Twitter post: “I hope his neighbor is ok”

53 Likes

He’s actually a self-certified ophthamologist : )

29 Likes