Providers Stop Offering Abortions As Red States Pounce To Ban Procedure

You want a fanatic to be consistent?

1 Like

I said that weeks ago. When they find out it was Drunky Brewster or Ginni or a conservative dickhead they’ll just stop talking about it. That’s when we’ll know.

4 Likes

Yep. We all suspected it would go this way. Swept under the rug, “mission accomplished”…so it’s a moot point now and they’re covering up again.

3 Likes

Not to indulge in conspiracy theories but since there’s no shortage of gas, one has to wonder why gas prices are so high. I took a look and saw that the last time prices spiked like this for no reason was October 2012. Yup, just before the election. And since much of the “inflation” the talking haircuts on the teevee keep belching about is driven by gas prices, it seems like raising gas prices is a great way to piss people off at the party in charge and create a never-ending distraction from everything else. So high gas prices offers cover for the right to get away with dismantling government from the inside. And if they do retake the house and senate, good luck with a free and fair election in 2024.

5 Likes

12 Likes

The supreme court has nothing but contempt for the lives of non-white barely persons and females, who are defective and lesser-than men. Get mowed down in church by guns, stay in poverty because you have too many mouths to feed, you are not the fellow citizens of the Republican elite.

7 Likes

…if only Jeffrey Epstein had lived to see today.
(wiping away a tear)

2 Likes

I love that you have that documentation. That’s the kind of ephemera that historians love. My husband has his mother’s hospital bill from one of her pregnancy/deliveries in the 60s. As I recall it was about $75 - and she stayed 2 days, as was customary.

5 Likes

There are plenty of Republican doctors. And eliminating women as midwives helped the healthcare system to become dominated by men and money.

4 Likes

I am currently on vacation and staying with a friend in a red state. The state’s female AG (from the GOP) was absolutely giddy last night when she declared all abortions illegal. The GOP candidate for Governor here (Ma Hamhock) praised the “bravery” of the SCOTUS majority when she was asked for comments.

6 Likes

How about we set up abortion clinics on Indian reservations? Being sovereign nations decisions like overturning Roe do not apply.

1 Like

Millions of Americans knew that Gorsuch and Kavanaugh were lying about abortion at their hearings. And Republicans were fine with that.

July 4th at my house will be a celebration of Canada’s holiday on July 1st.

3 Likes

It would have to be a private clinic, not through IHS

1 Like

It isn’t just that. They want to completely dismantle agency and bureaucratic power. Every little rule, every little paperclip, every little procedure would have to be legislated word by word by Congress, as far as the hard right on the court is concerned. It would effectively paralyze the federal government, reducing us to third-class status compared to Europe, China or even countries like India and Russia – all in the name of a completely warped and romanticized view of a pre-modern era when railways hadn’t yet been invented.

3 Likes

It would be very sad to be an ex-pat. My family…well one branch …got here in the 1600’s. The other in 1816. And we bled for America. Many times. We didn’t bleed for what the goobers want. My dad a navy pilot who fought in WW2 and who was a republican would never have supported trump.

3 Likes

I’m not the kind who hero worships, but I make an exception for Jamie Raskin.

4 Likes

So?

Be cautious, There’s much to like about Raskin but remember, he is a politician. Politicians are not like other folk. Their prime motivation is reelection, not necessarily what their constituents need most. But sometimes they sacrifice their careers for what is right. That is what Liz Cheney has done. I dislike her right wing politics but she lives her oath.

2 Likes

The Democrats have had numerous opportunities to codify Roe. Geez, all the way back to Carter, and then Clinton’s first two years when he had large majorities. Obama did as well in his first two years. The truth is the Democrats haven’t done a fucking thing to prevent the demise of Roe. More Democrats won’t fix this. We need a new species of Democrat.

1 Like

Only three?

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available