Providers Stop Offering Abortions As Red States Pounce To Ban Procedure

Since Thomas has decided a woman’s uterus is owned by the state I think he should be on the personal hook for child support of the kids born after this decision.

13 Likes

It’s all they got. Nationally, I think they’re worried about the white “soccer mom” suburban vote. Gotta scare them with tales of expensive gas (for their giant minivans and their husbands even gianter single passenger pick ups) and the “brown hordes” crossing the border to steal their stuff and groom their kids.

8 Likes

(looks out window) Nope, no Brown hoards here. In fact no traffic at all…

9 Likes

My revenge fantasy is that all Republican politicians that have voted to restrict abortion access in their states now be automatically on the foster parent list.
And there needs to be a foundling wheel set into the wall of the SC. ACB said that there were safe haven places where babies can be dropped off, well then the SC needs to step up.
And all medical bills need to be sent directly to the RNC.

12 Likes

Oh, what a tease!

19 Likes

Now the GOP has to play defense (“it’s not THAT bad” blah blah blah) just like they’ve made us do for how many years? Let’s pray that Dems finally take the opportunity of their LIVES - in every sense - and go on the offensive. They are taking away our rights - repeat ad nauseum.

7 Likes

Not revenge. a reckoning, but I like how you think.

5 Likes

Scaring soccer Mom happened today. Gas and food prices hit every one, but most of us know where the problem is coming from-their donors. So many posters on my Congresswoman’s FB ask “why is Europe and the rest of the world having the same inflation problems?”.

9 Likes

Nope! Nope! it’s not a cult! Super duper noper doper1

Tesla Army?

7 Likes

Just like I have my old cancelled checks for when I paid off my student loans, I also have the cancelled checks for the doctor’s bills and hospital bills for either me or my older sister’s delivery. I pay more for 2 cable boxes and internet in one month then the doctor got in 1960-61.
(I swear I’m not a hoarder)

10 Likes

I needed this message from Elizabeth Warren today.

16 Likes

15 Likes

I said this on Twitter and I’ll say it here: every OB/GYN in a Red State needs to plan to move from there to a Blue State by year’s end. There’s nothing they can do for their patients at this point and probably for the foreseeable future. These health care providers are risking their lives and their professions. That’s the reality.

If the Red States want to go back to the days of a backwoods old woman who can provide certain services to women “in a bad way” let them.

7 Likes

The Onion never fails to disappoint.

4 Likes

Wait for it!

They are literally killing us in a very slow, yet very real king of way. This country is rat fucking nuts to put up with this horseshit!! And with that I bid you, bon nuit, don’t start the revolution without me.

11 Likes

Rep. Jim McGovern, D-Mass.

21 Likes

Abortions banned before Assault rifles….

14 Likes

Funny you should mention that. Any other week this would have been huge news. Now it just gets lost in the shuffle.

11 Likes

And folks thought I was joking and overstating this?? Hmmm??

3 Likes

Yes. In the summer of 1979, I had an abortion at the age of 25. I had to drive to San Antonio to get it. I still remember being astonished, since I had taken my birth control pills at the same time every day without a miss. Moreover, besides having just parted with an increasingly unstable and abusive partner, my case was clear cut medically: I had been prescribed the medication Accutane for persistent cystic acne, and I recall signing documents which essentially notified me of the extremely high risk of extremely
severe birth defects for any pregnancy. As I understand our current landscape, I can’t begin to imagine the panic - and the lengths to which I would go - to end such a pregnancy.

16 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available