Prosecutors Detail Oathkeepers’ Alleged ‘Race’ To Capitol Attack — In Golf Carts | Talking Points Memo

Yup. Don’t know where he sourced them from, but he keeps showing up around the oathkeepers, from November on.

Can’t wait to see his name on the indictments.

14 Likes

Fore! I mean Charge!

My bad.

10 Likes

The VIllages, Florida. Some day in 2057

Joshua and Roberto entertain the early bird cocktail crowd with tales of how they almost prevailed saving the republic on what we now call Patriot Insurgency Day.

Joshua–“Damn, the golf carts then were nothing like today. Pretty shaky things. No built in AI visor capabilities to get you to your destination. Slow as shit from a slug. If we had then what we tool around here with now, we would have won.”

Roberto–“Yes, but more bear spray would also have helped.”

3 Likes

20 Likes

Straddling that fence it seems.

10 Likes

tq

Yep that’s the mentality.

3 Likes

I know I couldn’t move half a block in DC in a golf cart without the law or other drivers running me off the street.

9 Likes

No surprise. The FBI has always been a bastion of white male supremacy since it’s inception.
That’s why Chris Wray needs to be replaced by someone like Val Demmings.

9 Likes

“I love the smell of bear spray in the morning. It smells like victory”

2 Likes

In some way, this…idiocy actually seems like a defense (not a valid one, but still). The fact that they were so convinced that this was going to work, that they had to be at the Capitol (There weren’t enough “patriots” there to do the job without you them? Or did they just want to brag that they had been in the building for the takedown?), and that there would be no reckoning on January 7th suggests that they were convinced that they were true believers. I guess if your dear leader is as omniscient as theirs you don’t worry about details.

3 Likes

Only with the added element of malevolence.

3 Likes

19 Likes

We still haven’t had a good reckoning on that January 5th Meeting with their boss, Roger Stone, and all the other trump acolytes at Trump Hotel.

Someone gave them the notion that this could actually be pulled off and have a positive result.

19 Likes

They stole them. Presumaby there were no Segways available.

7 Likes

Val Demmings would be great but we can’t afford to lose another MoC. You can bet DeSantis wouldn’t schedule her replacement election until next year.

3 Likes

Well at least Trumpers didn’t try a reenactment of a US Naval blockade on the Tidal Basin.

5 Likes

Currently, about 11% of FBI agents are African American.

7 Likes

We’re were blessed that the Trump Air Guard couldn’t get their hands on some napalm.

7 Likes

Ah. Thank you. But “stole” seems harsh for people who fancy themselves “patriots” rushing to a battle that will wrest the nation from a tyrant’s hands etc. etc. In the war movies they say “boosted,” I think, or “liberated.” :smile:

asdf

6 Likes

Also seems harsh given that we know they were using them the day prior with full authorization, as well as possibly that morning to take Roger down the street to the Nuremburg Rally.

12 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available